Calf pics--Oakbar boys

Help Support Steer Planet:

oakbar

Got a few more pictures today so I thought I'd share 'em. 

Attachments

• Dr Who X Lorena  5-11-08.JPG
    Dr Who X Lorena 5-11-08.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 629
  • Dr Who X Lorena 2  5-11-08.JPG
    Dr Who X Lorena 2 5-11-08.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 752
  • Sin City X Lovely Lady 5-11-08.JPG
    Sin City X Lovely Lady 5-11-08.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 630
  • Noodles and Uffda 5-11-08.JPG
    Noodles and Uffda 5-11-08.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 624

cpubarn

Oakbar,

I see you still have noodles.  After Jacob and I visited, he named his show heifer for 08 "noodles" too.

So, what percentage shorthorn and breeding is "uffda"?

Mark

ShowmanQ

The Sin City calf looks great!!! (clapping)
What age is he? What about some info on his momma?

oakbar

Hey everybody, thanks for your interest in our calves and all the positive comments.

First off--all the calves pictured are for sale as are all of our calves this year!!

The Dr Who calf was born on 4/15 out of a cow that we raised and sold to my niece.  He's reallly stout.  His mother's the deepest, thickest cow we've ever had on our farm.

The Sin City calf also belongs to my niece and was born on 3/23.  He is out of BFS Lovely Lady P 307 that she purchased in the 2006 Shorthorn Pride sale as a bred hiefer.  He's really a looker and like our other Sin City calf I pictured a few weeks ago, he's an absolute growing machine.

"Uffda"--the calf pictured with his mother(Noodles) was just born on Friday night and weighed 126 lbs.  He is bigger than I'd like for that age calf but he really looks like he'll make someone a nice Shorthorn Plus steer.  His mother is a Double Vision daughter out of a red/white simmental(Kingpin) momma and his sire is our bull (SULL-GNCC KC Chief's Pride(TrumpX AP 330H)) 

For those of you who are not of Norwegian heritage, "Uffda" is a saying used by the Norwegians as an exclamation to cover many things--Like "Uffda, what's that awful smell!!"  or "Uffda, look how tight her jeans are!"    Some people say its roughly equivalent to "Holy Crap"!!!  My wife actually named him that considering this is the "U" year and her first words when she saw him were "Uffda, that's a big calf"!!

OH Breeder

REALLY like the Sin CIty. Sharp calf. ALready poising for the steer jockeys and you haven't even trained him. ;)
Nice set of calves. I am telling you, I have this before, I think the steerplanet folks should host a club calf auction. By the looks of calves it would be a hit.

oakbar

Hey OH Breeder,

Thanks for the response.  I agree there have been a lot of really good calves pictured here on this site.  I don't know how we would get them all together for an auction considering how spread out we all are, but maybe there's a way!!

red

I know there's been a good response to CC's "Who's your Daddy" page but we have that here & so much more info. I will confess I've turned so in to it.  ;)

Red