Calf pics

Help Support Steer Planet:

inthebarnagain

Okay folks, the brutal, honest truth required here!  This is a pic of our one and only dreamcatcher heifer (have 2 bulls).  She is about 3 weeks old and please excuse the photo quality, I took it with my phone when she posed for me.  She is out of a PLAIN simangus cow that has had 3 heifers in a row now, each getting better than the last.  Just wish she would have had white on her face!

2459371531_5848eb0e1f_s.jpg

Maybe I should have read the how to size the picture thread!  Be patient, I am new at this!

OH Breeder

ITBA,
What is your goal for her? SHow heifer? I am assuming she will show % simmi? or Cross. Like her depth of body. Feminine little gal. Would like to see other angles of her. For a Simmi she is pretty and clean fronted.

inthebarnagain

She will be a show heifer if she keeps going the way she is.  Our 10 year old daughter has laid claim to her.  Since she is our only child she shows whoever she wants!  The cow she is out of is unregistered WK Appeal (angus) and out of a meyer daughter.  But like I said she is plain.  We also have a goldmine heifer that is really good.  Our thing is the heifers.  She showed a steer last year, her first year in 4-H and did not want to show another, cried for a month and still talks about Beast. 

I went into the barn one morning and our daughter and best friend were using Beast as a mattress and were sound asleep on him.  We had to bribe her to show our heifer by letting her show Beast.  What he lacked in looks he more than made up for in personality and trustworthiness.  All is well though Beast has a full sister this year and everything he lacked, she has.  Here is Beast and Bug the night of the auction, notice the sad look.  The heifer worked out well though, she was the sister to this heifer and won grand champion. 

Attachments

• Beast and Bug0001.jpg
    Beast and Bug0001.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 392

OH Breeder

inthebarnagain said:
She will be a show heifer if she keeps going the way she is.  Our 10 year old daughter has laid claim to her.  Since she is our only child she shows whoever she wants!  The cow she is out of is unregistered WK Appeal (angus) and out of a meyer daughter.  But like I said she is plain.  We also have a goldmine heifer that is really good.  Our thing is the heifers.  She showed a steer last year, her first year in 4-H and did not want to show another, cried for a month and still talks about Beast. 

I went into the barn one morning and our daughter and best friend were using Beast as a mattress and were sound asleep on him.  We had to bribe her to show our heifer by letting her show Beast.  What he lacked in looks he more than made up for in personality and trustworthiness.  All is well though Beast has a full sister this year and everything he lacked, she has.  Here is Beast and Bug the night of the auction, notice the sad look.  The heifer worked out well though, she was the sister to this heifer and won grand champion. 
Good luck with her. Ithink she will work out just fine for you. she is going to be a pretty gal.

DiamondS

She has depth femininity and balance!  Sometimes, pictures don't do much justice either!!  Good luck with her!  (welcome)