Calf pictures /Breeding choice decision

Help Support Steer Planet:

gary89

Since she is a 2nd calver and has some chrome on the face, I might try Grandmaster. I like both bulls and will be using both this year. Good luck!

wyatt

shes a beauty whats that calf sired by? the red and white one i like them both!

mego

I agree with gary...would definently use a solid black bull back on her..those star powers throw the white to them..plus Grandmaster is going to add some extra thickness and power she needs

wyatt

why dont pepole like color i think it adds character and makes them stick out more

A.I.GUY

First of all grand master is related to your cow so i would try to avoid that, I like Trademark on a Star Power  jmo

Simmimom

I appreciate the comments... the calf's sire was KSSR Full Speed.  Unfortunately he did something dumb this past fall, and is no more.  We considered Trademark, but are trying to level her out a bit (weak right behind the shoulders), and didn't think he would add in that area.  We are going to try the calf at our county show in the fall, and see how much the color pattern and a mid feb. birthdate hurt her.  Who knows, she has a lot more growing to do.

mego

y'all might call me crazy...but I have a Star Power and we bred her to Pacesetter mainly for the calving ease. The resulting bull calf is probably the best bull calf on our place at this point. Pacesetter is a total outcross that won't throw too much white. Just an idea..but we're happy with ours.

Simmgal

I have seen some pretty nice calves out of both Cut Above and Grandmaster. I have been pretty impressed with the Grandmaster calves I've seen and have one of my own. From what I've seen, you can't go wrong either way, and I will be using both this year. The Grandmaster calves might have a bit more style, and both bulls seem to add mass and power.

wyatt

ill post a pic of my star power steer came out of a baldie cow no white any were love him supper thick and big boned lots of muscle trust me he can jump high  :mad: he always jumps out of his pen for no reason but to munch on grass in our yard good news is dont have to mow that spot lol  ;)