Calf pictures

Help Support Steer Planet:

showsister

This is a PB simmental I just had out of a dream on heifer. Shes got amazing bone and top for a simmental. Im not use to simmental cattle i mostly raise Maine and chi cattle. Im plan on showing her at nationals and mabye our regionals. im bringing her to the barn to start working with her soon. Anyone got any comments or is it a bad thing she looks more like a club calf them a simmy?? P.S. I apoligize she is dirty, it seems all we haver had in the past month is rain!!!!

Attachments

• ivoy.jpg
    ivoy.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 299
  • iv.jpg
    iv.jpg
    370.6 KB · Views: 297

Gargan

Cut the BS said:
babies always look great..  it's after weaning they seperate...

well said... i'm sure someone told charles manson that he was cute when he was a baby also..lol

john91

showsister said:
Im plan on showing her at nationals and mabye our regionals. im bringing her to the barn to start working with her soon.

I think you getting a little ahead of yourself

Gargan

[EXcept me-the doctor slapped my momma an sed-gurl,did you get scairt by the UGLY STICK?? O0
[/quote]
[/quote]

lol mark!!!
Sorry for getting ur thread off course Showsister, I think ur hfr is looking good so far, hopefully she continues to grow out. keep us updated on how she matures.

showsister

john91 said:
showsister said:
Im plan on showing her at nationals and mabye our regionals. im bringing her to the barn to start working with her soon.

WEll i have to, she the only simm iv got and im going to the nationals no matter how she turns out :) just wondered what everyones thoughts were, i already know i seem crazy to be thinkin that far ahead but i guess sooner rather than later

showsister

hers a better pict of her

Attachments

• !cid__0131121609b.jpg
    !cid__0131121609b.jpg
    378.3 KB · Views: 271

Gargan

she already looks a little growthier (if thats a word).  its never a good idea to post pics of cattle in the rain. I think she will make a nice hfr. Almost has a clubby look to her.

firesweepranch

showsister said:
john91 said:
showsister said:

WEll i have to, she the only simm iv got and im going to the nationals no matter how she turns out :) just wondered what everyones thoughts were, i already know i seem crazy to be thinkin that far ahead but i guess sooner rather than later

You just go! Not everyone has cattle that win, and there are so many other contests that you can compete in even if your heifer does not do as well as you hoped! We love nationals just for the family aspect of it, and have not missed one since we started in 2008 in Texas!!! We really love that time, and consider it our vacation  <party>

showsister

firesweepranch said:
showsister said:
john91 said:
showsister said:

You just go! Not everyone has cattle that win, and there are so many other contests that you can compete in even if your heifer does not do as well as you hoped! We love nationals just for the family aspect of it, and have not missed one since we started in 2008 in Texas!!! We really love that time, and consider it our vacation  <party>
II completly agree ill be there for two week for chi and maine nationals too! so its deffinatly going to be our vacation and prolly the best in ever! i honestly cant wait to g oto nationals iv never been there before and im ready to expand my experiances :)

showsister

Gargan said:
she already looks a little growthier (if thats a word).  its never a good idea to post pics of cattle in the rain. I think she will make a nice hfr. Almost has a clubby look to her.
yeah ik that was a bad idea but that was all i had at the time. i think shell b okay for what i have planned lol just something to baby up and learn new things along the way :) but i agree with the clubby :) at first glace n the feild you wouldnt guess its out of the Simmy lol

kfacres

I sure hope the rear view of the cow in the last picture posted of this baby calf (rear view).. is not her recip mother...  If so, good luck getting her to grow-- that cow doesn't have any milk...

I wouldn't call her clubby-- I would call her a baby calf with plenty of milk fat and that freshly born look... 

Gargan

Cut the BS said:
I sure hope the rear view of the cow in the last picture posted of this baby calf (rear view).. is not her recip mother...  If so, good luck getting her to grow-- that cow doesn't have any milk...

I wouldn't call her clubby-- I would call her a baby calf with plenty of milk fat and that freshly born look... 
[/quote

"almost clubby" lol

showsister

Cut the BS said:

Nope that's not he momma that cow is just a junk cow. We raise feed lot catlte too lil that cow hasnnt even had her calf yet lol he momma has great milk!

kfacres

showsister said:
Cut the BS said:

Nope that's not he momma that cow is just a junk cow. We raise feed lot catlte too lil that cow hasnnt even had her calf yet lol he momma has great milk!

OK, i basically callled her junk- in a nice way... glad you really did call her that.