Calf Sale Video Pilot Project Finished...Need Feedback.

Help Support Steer Planet:

jbh

Hey Everyone.....

Needed some feedback from the "Planet Dwellers" if you don't mind.

The Northwest Iowa Sales group....many who are also P.D's, are my initial pilot project.  They hired a local guy with a mini dv video camera to take footage of their calves while they had Lacy Caffee photo them.  The video footage was then delivered to me to edit and develop a short informative clip of some of their featured calves.

After completion of the videos, I started the group a youtube channel for them to view and approve the work.  I've also posted these videos as a "PLAYLIST" on my site.  If some of you would like to give me some feedback on how this hits you, I would greatly appreciate it.....GOOD, BAD or INDIFFERENT!

My site is www.youtube.com/jbradleyhook and look under "Playlists", and their site is www.youtube.com/northwestiowasales

Thanks a bunch......Brad.

tadpole

Hook,  I think you did a great job with them!  I think the video thing will help out alot at sale time when people call and say they cant make it but want to see updated pictures or a video of the calf.  The videos transition nicely and I think spend just the right amount of time on each calf.  I really like them and think its a great idea, but thats just my opinion!  I know I will watch them alot.  I also think it will help out when they are calling you the next few days after the bids close trying to finish up the calf and if you dont quite remember what that specific calf looks like, you could just hop on youtube and watch it quick to give you a refresher, but again thats just my opinion.

zak

Great videos!!!! My favorite calf is the monoploy char steer. The SOS heifer at the end of the video looks like she will make a great cow.

Zak

PaPigMan

Brad,

The video was really good.  I agree that the videos really do more justice for the calves than a simple picture.  I love you series on real barns.  When is the next one coming out?

herefordfootball

I think the next thing is everyone is going to have sale videos. It's a great way to market calves and gives people who cant make the sale an accurate view of the offering. Videos look great Brad, I dont think you could make'em any better than that!!!  (thumbsup)

yousesteers

I think the videos are ok but if they are going to shoot videos they need to cut the grass in the pen short I think part of the reason people like video is they can tell the soundness of the calves would also like to see the calves on the move some calves just had basically a still photo at two or three different angles overall very good though videos are definately better than just still pictures

ruhtram

Brad, I thought you made a good choice on music, because it didn't take any attention away from the cattle. Great video's.

jbw

We took the video, one thing that we did not do was pay any attention to the video camera. We had Lacey taking photo's and focused all are attention on that. We are going to do an update this summer, probably make the picture pen a little different and just focus on video. We will get better footage for Brad to work with, and more 'on the move' footage. All comments are very helpful on my end on how to make videos for Brad that are suitable to buyer.

jbh

ruhtram said:
Brad, I thought you made a good choice on music, because it didn't take any attention away from the cattle. Great video's.

Thanks....music is TRICKY....because of what you just said.  You need something in the background but not a distraction or turn off.

Another thing I might mention that some of you might not know is that you CAN NOT use music you here on the radio (commercial) in your video.  They WILL BUST YOU! I thought I was in trouble on the Today Show Thank You video.  The youtube team sent me an email and warned me that I was using music owned by someone else....I thought I was going to get sued.....BUT, the video had a huge number of views so they said if I would allow them to put an itunes and amazon pop-up ad in the video, that they would leave it up.  OF COURSE I AGREED.

jbh

PaPigMan said:
Brad,

The video was really good.  I agree that the videos really do more justice for the calves than a simple picture.  I love you series on real barns.  When is the next one coming out?

Starting to work on the Goretska Finale that shows his barn in use during last years sale....pretty cool!!! 

Latest posts