Calves for sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

JoeDirt

I like Eartag # 143 

Very nice hip top and deep 

how wide is he?

TMJ Show Cattle

I have a question for you sir: Why do you and a few others, want folks to make offers on YOUR cattle? I would be damned if I want someone else to price my cattle for me. If you want to do it that way, then by all means do that,I was just curious.

steer-guy

TMJ Show Cattle said:
I have a question for you sir: Why do you and a few others, want folks to make offers on YOUR cattle? I would be damned if I want someone else to price my cattle for me. If you want to do it that way, then by all means do that,I was just curious.

Basically, he is taking bids for them........ I'm sure he/she knows how much he/she will have to get for them.

Blackangus55

Steer-guy is correct. I have a ball park of what i am expecting for these calves, i have close to 200 of these caliber calves, they are so young i would hate to put some figure on them this soon. Giving people the option to make offers will give me an idea of what others think of them and will get buyers more involved in my opinion. I just didn't want to market young calves with a def. price. Sorry if I did something stupid this is my first year managing our farm by myself.

TMJ Show Cattle

No one said you did anything stupid,except for your reply.I just have never heard of someone wanting  other people to price your calves. A bid off is one thing,but I don;t recollect anything being said about a bid off.Sorry you got your feelings hurt fella.

PaddyO

I like doing it that way. It has the possibility of the most income. I think you are doing all right. And I really don't think anybodys feelings are hurt, just a miscommunication!! Besides it is Easter....How could anyone be mad or have hurt feelings? haha Have a good day!

Blackangus55

darien said:
how much do these calves weigh and what breeds are they?

As of today i would say they are between 150 up to 325. I have mostly pure bred black angus cattle, some cross bred shorthorns, and some baldy cows that I A.I to some select sires every year. Hope this helps.