Calves in Ohio

Help Support Steer Planet:

xkrushx

We are planning a trip through Ohio this coming weekend and were wondering what farms have good sets to look at? Thanks for any help and you can e-mail if needed.

justme

I'd check with Red.  She has some nice heifers in her barn.  What part of Ohio are you looking at?  I'm from Ohio originally and have a few contacts there.  Plus are you looking for steers or heifers?

xkrushx

looking primarily through central to western ohio... but please e-mail me with any good contacts you may have...

xkrushx

also through eastern indiana if you know of any good calves closer to the ohio border... thanks a bunch guys

farmboy

jimmy simpson in brown county has alot of good calves, all bulls and steers were 800 and he had alot of nice heifers

OH Breeder

Just down the road from Lima  is Red's farm. She can tell you more.
Thiels Farms off of State Route 30 just an hour or so from Ft Wayne
Outside of Lima,OH which is 50 miles from Ft. Wayne, is Winegarnder Show Cattle, Jones Show Cattle, Dainels Show cattle, Royer Farms, Pohlman's, Gene Rowe is just off I70 near the Richmond, IN  border
Outside of Findley OH, off of I75 is Hamilton's- shorties etc., Jim May,
What breed are you looking for and steers or heifers.
I am sure there are more I am missing a bunch. But this is a start.

justme

Mike Neel is in Bellevue he has some nice calves.  Great young man, and probably decent prices.  Don Sweeting is another in North Fairfield Ohio.  He has some nice calves.  He use to have a sale, but got so busy with his auction service.  You might find the deal of your trip or the Diamond in the rough at these.  Feitchners maybe another, not sure if they still have calves, but I can get you a number.  If you need numbers email me.

red

We are on the Hardin/Marion line. Just right off SR 309. I have several heifers that are broke to lead. We also have some really nice steers out on pasture. They are not broke.
My number is 740-360-3980. Visitors welcomed anytime!

Red

xkrushx

"justme", you e-mail is hidden so if you could e-mail me the contact info on those 3 farms that would be great...