Cameras

Help Support Steer Planet:

DiamondS

I am still in the dark a little when it comes to digital cameras.  I know they are the thing to have, and so many times I've wished I've had one so that I didn't have to make that trip to walmart to get film developed, if I remember to take it along!  My question is, what camera do you guys recommend for packing around taking pictures.  It's probably going to spend a fair amount of time in a saddlebag or in the cubby hole of the gator, so I'm going to need something fairly sturdy.  I'm also not looking to spend thousands on it either.  Thanks for your input!

red

I love my Koday Easy share. I can print from the dock or directly from the computer. It saves me a lot of money to because I can pick & choose what pictures to save. I think our ran about $700.
here are some previous threads on camera. http://www.steerplanet.com/bb/index.php?topic=2510.0    http://www.steerplanet.com/bb/index.php?topic=4448.0
Red

chambero

Olympus makes a version of their Stylus digital camera that is shock and waterproof.  I use it on hunting/fishing trips and its also good for dragging around in a pickup or anywhere else you might be a little rough on one.  As far as I know they are the only one that makes one that tough.

bcosu

you can really get a lot when it comes to digital cameras now. i would recommend something like the olympus w/ shock and water safe features. you don't really need a professional level camera to take quality pics since most of the cameras with viewfinders have just about as many pixels as a digital slr. plus, the viewfinders are around 3'' in most new cameras and they are really easy to see. i would advise a camera store trip and to see what they have and what they can help you with. plus they have classes that teach you all about the cool features.

bluffcountrycattle

I've had good luck with the sony cybershot dsc-h10 models...will give you plenty of megapixels for quality, image stabilization (while walking in pastures), and a 10X zoom, which is vitally important I've found to take cattle pics from a distance without getting right up on them!  Also has good video mode too if you want to shoot video instead.  Price is affordable, and can be bought I think for less than $300.  It's a little bulkier than the pocket sized ones, but the zoom far outweighs the size I think.  I've been very happy with mine...

ELBEE

Our Kodak Easy Share ZD710 took all the pictures you see in our adds for Wymore and the Shorthorn Country. Hard to beat this camera for the money, and it has a 10X zoom lens so you don't have to be right up on your subject.

DiamondS

Thanks for the info.  I've been to a couple places and talked to salesman, but most of them don't seem to understand what I want to do with them.  One of them actually asked me why the cow would want to run away from getting her picture taken..... I was explaining that I can't always get super close to get a good picture of baby calves because they can sometimes be flighty.  I'm probably not fully understanding their terms and they aren't understanding my super scientific terms...... (lol)  Thanks again

kanshow

Hey Diamond S, I'm assuming you are shopping in Manhattan.    Have you been to Radio Shack?  They were so much more helpful than the people at any of the other chain stores where you might buy a digital camera. 

I have a Sony Cyber shot & hubby liked it so well I got him one for Christmas. 

alwayssecond

My suggestion would be not to get a kodak, I have one and it is a piece of crap. My sister also had a kodak and it stopped working, we tried getting  a new battery and that didn't work either. So if  I were you I wouldn't get a kodak.

DiamondS

kanshow said:
Hey Diamond S, I'm assuming you are shopping in Manhattan.     Have you been to Radio Shack?   They were so much more helpful than the people at any of the other chain stores where you might buy a digital camera.   

I have a Sony Cyber shot & hubby liked it so well I got him one for Christmas.   

I have only been to Manhattan so far, and I haven't checked out Radio Shack, but I sure will.  I haven't had much luck at chain stores and they all say something totally different.  Thanks!

bcosu

we have a store called click! camera and they are exclusively a camera store so they can really tell you alot and help with certain features like automatic image stabilization and extra zoom and stuff like that.

Latest posts