CAN YOU SELL A INTEREST IN A BULL THAT IS DEAD?

Help Support Steer Planet:

sue

Hey, I know How it works on a live bulll. but what can you gain from selling on a dead bull, when semen is already  on the open market? 

justintime

Probably the purchase of a sizeable amount of semen for use in your herd. If you are a part owner of the bull, you do not have to purchase semen certificates.

ruhtram

I saw someone selling a bull that was dead in a upcoming sale..I think it was guyers sale can't remember the bulls name

Doc

Yea I can understand doing it if there is a big enough bank of semen on him. I think Guyer is selling Q dog . You are gambling that what you pay is less than what you can continue selling semen for. I also think you are receiving cloning rights.

JSchroeder

A large portion of the time the semen that's available from the distributors is still technically owned by the bull owner and sold on a sort of commission basis.  In those cases, most of the semen on the 'open market' would still be property of the owner and could be sold to somebody else.

frostback

Cruiser said:
I saw someone selling a bull that was dead in a upcoming sale..I think it was guyers sale can't remember the bulls name
If it was Guyer that is a little different, in that he is having a dispersal, and is selling his whole semen supply and the cell line.

ruhtram

frostback said:
Cruiser said:
If it was Guyer that is a little different, in that he is having a dispersal, and is selling his whole semen supply and the cell line.

Yeah, there were lots of semen and dna rights

Is all the owners selling him or is guyer just selling his portion?