Canadian National Shorthorn Show at the Royal Winter Fair in Toronto

Help Support Steer Planet:

mechanic

We just got home from the National show held at the Royal Winter Fair in Toronto. Mark Ebling Judged the show and did an excellent job. Shadybrook had National Champion female with a pure Gold yearling and National Champion Bull with an Ar Su Lu 38 Special Edition yearling.
We took 3 head from Hunt Farms. A jan 31 heifer calf that was Reserve Heifer Calf. A Jan 24 Pure Gold Heifer calf that stood 4th in a strong class. Our CF Prosperity yearling heifer won her class and went on to be Reserve National Champion Female to the Shadybrook yearling.
Jim

Attachments

• Hunt Farms Kathy 131U.jpg
    Hunt Farms Kathy 131U.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 543
  • B-Good Rosemary 4T.jpg
    B-Good Rosemary 4T.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 665

Mitch

Nice Job Jim  Was this the Prosperity Hfr you bought from B-Good last year.

Mitch

uluru

Congratulations.
Glen obviously did a great job.
Mechanic are you too tired to smile.
This was supposed to be a happy moment.

mechanic

Thanks for the comments everyone.My son Glenn did a fantastic job showing the cattle.
Mitch; that is the prosperity heifer from loudon's that we purchased in last years Generations of Excellence sale in Creston. She is out of a Royal Mark x Lakeside Rosemary cow. I bought her mother's full sister @ Shadybrooks in September so I hope she produces as well as the one at Tim and karen's.

Jim

OH Breeder

Very nice females. Like them alot. Jealous.
Now if you get tired of feeding them, there is a small farm in Ohio that takes animals like yours. We would be happy to take them in. ;)

mechanic

OB: Thanks but they seem to be quite happy right here in Ontario for the time being. Might have a nice calf out of the bred for sale next year though that could use a home in Ohio!!
Jim

mechanic

We had her bred to DF Pure Gold but she dumped her calf after the tornado ent through Loudon and the barn fell around her so now she will calve to B Good Soldier. Our plans are to flush her once in the spring to Sonny. I have 2 vials of semen hid in the tank for that special one.

Jim