Cane Codes

Help Support Steer Planet:

BCCC

I was looking through the semen tank and saw a few that I wasnt positive about

XX1016-in a purple straw
XX818
XX418 (I am thinking this is heatwave but not sure if its him or a clone)(if it is heatwave it was collected 5-10-07 is it any good?)
109XX174 Full Flush 602 (Is this full flush him self, a clone, or a son?)
Then I also have a cane that doesnt have a cane code just says Full Flush?

Thanks alot

Cowboy

Full Flush 603 is a Full Flush x Chill Factor-Angus -- a pretty good bull for most

Full is the original Full Flush bull

The xx418 colected in 07 -- well that IS Heat Waves orignal cane code --however --I seriously doubt if he has actually produced REAL semen since before Jan of 04. That of course cannot be proven, but about that time his production went to crap in late 03, then all of a sudden in 05 he was again producing like crazy. That incidently was when Heat Wave 1 came on line. Again, specualtion - can't prove anything due to DNA is identical to clones.

Don't remember seeing the other cane codes - sorry

I'm sure my theory will be prosecuted and the verdict will be to hang!! I look at alot of semen, so you do the math!

Terry

klintdog

Come on Cowboy, I'm not sure what you're trying to imply. I highly doubt someone would do something as dirty as collecting a cloned bull and marketing him under another bull's name. Everyone knows that the clubby industry is known for being fine upstanding, moral, and ethical individuals :)

That's your daily dose of sarcasm :)

knabe

Cowboy said:
can't prove anything due to DNA is identical to clones.

again, and again, clones are NOT identical.  one could use ribosomal dna (which is outside the nucleous, and not transferred during cloning as a different recipient cell than from where the dna came from is used) to tell the difference fairly easy and routinely.  even then, the DNA is not identical, and probably could only be proven with a fairly expensive DNA chip experiment, or when sequencing becomes cheap enough, just direct sequencing. 

the reason this probably isn't done is most people don't know there is a difference, and then what would the damages be.  heck, people don't even understand recessive genes, it's always the bull's fault.

i'm still interested in who legacy plus was distributed under after he "died".  there is a very significant reason unrelated to phenotype that legacy plus is an important bull.  The AMAA should tell us who that bull is.

klintdog

knabe said:
Cowboy said:

i'm still interested in who legacy plus was distributed under after he "died".  there is a very significant reason unrelated to phenotype that legacy plus is an important bull.  The AMAA should tell us who that bull is.

knabe - I'm unfamiliar with this situation. Can you give a background on what happened?

klintdog

That just gives the parties involved and doesn't give any details as to the transaction or the opinion of the court.

jason

Can you ever make an identical clone?  Is there a limiting factor in the technology or is it just nature saying that you are not going to play God?

knabe said:
again, and again, clones are NOT identical. 

Cowboy

Hey Knabe -- sorry pard -- let me rephrase the above!

"" Seeing how cloned animals SHOULD have matching DNA ""

This is still not correct -- but at least it is more diplomaticly acceptable - possibly.

Any way -- we all have opinions I guess, I just see too much some times, and lots things are obvious when you see as much as I do. Will shut up now --

Terry

knabe

Jason said:
Can you ever make an identical clone? 

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO, and finally, NO.

even if you have split embryo's, their methylation pattern will be different.  even then, during cell division, you could have a point mutation in the germline (in the nucleous), and you could have mutations in the ribosomal DNA (much more likely), and the methylation pattern will be different, no matter what.

individuals are a product of genetics and environment, even if the environment is the womb.

seeing is believing, cowboy!

OH Breeder

klintdog said:
knabe said:
Cowboy said:

I'm still interested in who legacy plus was distributed under after he "died".  there is a very significant reason unrelated to phenotype that legacy plus is an important bull.  The AMAA should tell us who that bull is.

knabe - I'm unfamiliar with this situation. Can you give a background on what happened?

This story is hypothetical. It could have or might have or maybe or ...you get the idea.
There was a bull. He had a problem with his belly. Probably expensive show feed but anyways it was upset and he was taken to the hospital. Some folks thought he died in the hospital some folks didn't. Miraculously a bull that was identical to the said dead bull showed up on a farm near Indiana about 3 years after his death. Some how the look alike or the reincarnated bull  made his way from the heart land around the country.Kind of shuffled touring various farms.The new owner of the reincarnated bull said he purchased this unknown bull. There was semen collected on the look alike or the possible dead bull. Well the bull died then again after some how coming back to life. Again, Half of the owners thought he was dead the other half new he wasn't.
If you want to know more, i know there are a few that do. or if you PM me I will give you additional details. I am not a history for the Maine association just an avid reader of the internet news.

BCCC

Cowboy said:
Full Flush 603 is a Full Flush x Chill Factor-Angus -- a pretty good bull for most

Full is the original Full Flush bull

The xx418 colected in 07 -- well that IS Heat Waves orignal cane code --however --I seriously doubt if he has actually produced REAL semen since before Jan of 04. That of course cannot be proven, but about that time his production went to crap in late 03, then all of a sudden in 05 he was again producing like crazy. That incidently was when Heat Wave 1 came on line. Again, specualtion - can't prove anything due to DNA is identical to clones.

Don't remember seeing the other cane codes - sorry

I'm sure my theory will be prosecuted and the verdict will be to hang!! I look at alot of semen, so you do the math!

Terry
Thanks Terry, You would happen to have or know where I could find a picture of the Full Flush 602? or know what he works on?

I'll probally just stick to breeding with the "heat wave" semen then, Not quite sure what to think of it.

Cowboy said:
I look at alot of semen
Not sure what to think of this statement lol :'(  ;D

knabe

BCCC said:
I look at alot of semen
Not sure what to think of this statement lol :'(   ;D
[/quote]

this topic slightly came up during the super bow in mixed company and the women were enjoying the "outfits".

i mentioned fitzgerald had a big bottom and this was an advantage, and an english gal said,

"bumlooker are ya, well now".  i laughed, and returned, "that i am, that i am".

Cowboy

To say  "" I look at alot of semen"" means that -- on EVERY new cane of EVERY new bull for EVERY donor -- I at least look at one sample before breeding. This simply means I see things that others do not -- if I didn't do this -- and always ask for PLAN B ahead of time, we would have alot more failed flushes than I could afford to even think about. Many many times over the years I have taken PLAN A semen - thawed it to go breed and found it to be bad -- or very poor. PLAN B -- saves the day.

PLAN A semen has had a history of -- on some bulls we all know -- not being acceptable on post thaw quality. If it can't swim, it won't fertilize. Yes I am fussy -- yes I get yelled at on occasion -- yes we get a high number of good eggs versus total produced. I will stay fussy I think!

hehehe. Yup -- I do look at alot of semen (Under the scope that is) -- very observant there Knabe -- would have it no other way!! hehe

Terry