Caney Valley Shadra ( for BCCC)

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortdawg

BCCC, Here is the pics of Shadra - as a young heifer, as a show heifer, and in her working clothes. Anybody else's comments appreciated as well.

Attachments

• Shadra Show Pic.jpg
    Shadra Show Pic.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 608
  • Shadra Show Pic 2.jpg
    Shadra Show Pic 2.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 647
  • New River Pics 058.jpg
    New River Pics 058.jpg
    583.6 KB · Views: 603

justintime

Nice heifer Chad!  Don Cagwin purchased her dam from me several years ago . We made a deal just before the Shorthorn show at Canadian  Western Agribition. An hour later she was named Reserve Grand female at the show. She was a two year old female at the time and she had a white polled heifer at side ( there are classes for two year females with calf at side as well as mature females with calf at side here in Canada).I kept her heifer calf here. Huberdale Shadra 76C was an excellent female and she bred very well for many years in the US.

I believe your female is sired by RT Gold Link..... is that correct?

OH Breeder

justintime said:
I believe your female is sired by RT Gold Link..... is that correct?
Shortdawg, great looking female. Do you ahve her bred?

What can you tell me about RT Gold LInk?
Thanks JIT

Doc

OHB, I liked Gold Link pretty well. Pretty long bodied, pretty easy calver, dtrs milk pretty good. One drawback for a lot of people is $50/straw. I not a big Gold fan but he seemed to cross good on Mattis. I bought a full brother to Gold Link called Platinum Gold for a guy in East TN & he is real pleased with the calves. Definitely one of those bulls that is a easy calver & can still get a very marketable calf. JMO.

shortdawg

RT Gold Link (*x4026152), check him out on www.shorthorn.org. He was a Armstrong Gold V027 x NPS Mattis 530. I saw him in person and thought he was a pretty good bull. I think the Shadra cow in my post is one that can be bred most any way you want. She was one of those females that did well in the Jr. Shows here in the GA, FL, & AL area and has done well in the pasture. I wish I had 50 just like her; she is the type and kind I like.

JIT, I have seen her dam at Caney Valley and she is a really nice cow. I think they've had good luck with those genetics as has Cagwin.  He's sold some herd sires out of the Shadra lines in past sales.

GB, I'm quite sure she will get to have a calf out of the Blanco bull sometime soon.

OHB, The first calf  under the white steer in my " A few Calves " post is her 2007 calf. He is out of the Spiffy bull I owned a year or so ago. Spiffy was a Trump x AR SU LU Jiffy bull. Most of the SH or SH + calves on that post are out of him ( all the 1/2 bloods minus the Sin City heifer). Shadra calved in late Dec. b/c we flushed her to WHR Sonny and CF Primo so  her breeding date got pushed back. I've yet to have a heifer out of the Sonny breeding but I think it will produce some nice females. I have two Primos in now and plan to sex them the last week in Feb. I elected to just natural breed her this year to NR Denver. Denver is a full sib to Malinda's DZ female ( Trump x Dazzle Fool ). I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a heifer.