Captian Morgan Calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

sams

Here are some Captian Morgan steers I picked up this fall,  The heifers look like they will make great females to raise some steers. If all goes as planed Scott and I will have some heifers in Denver for sale and for veiwing.

Attachments

• yellow.jpg
    yellow.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 194
  • brockle face.jpg
    brockle face.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 194
  • red.jpg
    red.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 227

CAB

Really have to like the way that 3rd calf pictured is put together. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

carman

These three are all steers would have to check and see for sure what the cows were but they are producing many good calves.  Thanks for the comments

carman

First steer is bigger but face and legs do not show lots of grow, the second one i the smallest of the three, all three have great dispositions seems like the Captain Morgan calves are going to have the attitude of their dad.  Be good projects for first time kids with the attitudes that they have. 

carman

Here are more of the calves that we have to offer for sale, let me know what you think

Attachments

• 8[2].JPG
    8[2].JPG
    248.6 KB · Views: 183
  • New Image.JPG
    New Image.JPG
    287.9 KB · Views: 175
  • securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 164

rackranch

Luv the shape of the black steer in the top pic but like the steer in the second pic above he looks like he is carrying a little extra leather up front?? how does it look in person??

carman

The top steer is the stoutes of the three by a long shot, 2n calf is still stout but you dont make to many steers that stout and still have them move that well or be that good fronted.  Thanks for the comment and the question (clapping)

OH Breeder

Looks like he would be one to use on these little clubby cows. About everyone has some leg to them.

fed_champions

I like this bull, breed him to the right female and he can do great things, the red steer up top is very very nice

Bradenh

Saw these calves in person today!!! They are really really great cattle! Captian Morgan is a great looking bull!
He was in the pasture and he is really good. He doesnt need to be fitted!!! Really big footed. And his calves look great!  The calf I bought is out of him. (clapping)

kfacres

I'm going to play dumb here.. and ask one simple question and hopefully open up a can of worms. 

What exactly does a "big foot" get you in the real world? 

Other than a good story for the news reporters?  Haha, had to stick that in there.. but seriously? <party>

kfacres

have you ever seen a straight legged anything in the wild? Deer? Horses? cat?  If I recall, none of them are big boned...  more I can think of are sound as a "Cat" 

I'm just not conviced that big boned has anything to do with good structured- perhaps more ruggedness, but not correctness.

How many of the banana legged commercial cows in the west are poor structured?  How many "feminine" fronted ones are elephant boned? none for either!

continue on folks!  This could be interesting.