Carnac

Help Support Steer Planet:

SSIMMENTALS

What's everyone's opinion on Carnac? We have a handful of Simmy x Char cows that are big, deep, and sound. Muscle is fine,however, more wouldn't hurt. Need more hair and a cocky, showsteer look. Don't want to add frame, good shouldered, need to be tighter throated. Any experience with CE and if they hold together as fats. Going for steers.
Thanks,
Sarah

DakotaCow

Agreed, I havent ever seen a Carnac calf that I wanted to look at twice. If Who made who was famous for taking set out of back legs then Carnac is famous for making them straight shoulderd.

wyatt

i would consider predator, he gives them a cocky neck, and a really showy look with lots of hair and power

irh

Well, I disagree with that, 5th overall steer at ohio state fair and he won our county fair this week.  We h ave a carnac mother that just gave us a winner also, she has twin rainmaker steers this year.  We will be using him again, judge said he was a perfectly sound animal.

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
CARNAC AN ALIAS are boyh always bashed for structure problems,,I have never had issues with either one an exceptional calves out of CARNAC ...Goes to a embryo facility an look at the donor cows used an you proably will conclude it takes two to make these problems ....

Chap

well said, Jamie.  I have used Carnac for a couple of years and have gotten along very well.  Like most clubby bulls, you need to use him on sound ones.  but i have used very few that give as much consistent hair and look than Carnac.  Steer in my profile pic is a Carnac out of a Deiter bred female.  He gives good body, keeps them moderate and gives them a good look.  I have not found him to make them longer/leaner necked, but with the body he transmits i would not expect it.

hamburgman

Not saying he hasn't thrown some good ones, but he was used pretty heavily there for a while and I have his ads from the show circuit, in my book not a great one for his winners vs. semen shows

wyatt

Freddy said:
CARNAC AN ALIAS are boyh always bashed for structure problems,,I have never had issues with either one an exceptional calves out of CARNAC ...Goes to a embryo facility an look at the donor cows used an you proably will conclude it takes two to make these problems ....
well said, the soundest calf at msu last year was an alias heifer

Ohio1

I  was at the darke county fair this week and saw one that won open class and jr fair that was AWESOME. He was sold by gottemollers ( sorry if its miss spelled)

SSIMMENTALS

Thanks for the info. I think we should be fine on structure. The ones I have seen were thick big bodied  little rascals with lots of hair so I thought he'd work.

Anyone have any BW/shape info though. As in are they reasonable, or is he also famous for 120 pound monsters?.