Cats & Cattle..

Help Support Steer Planet:

kanshow

This is one of my twin bottle babies and his barn buddy.    Since this is a cattle board..  the stats on the calf.. AI sired by SS Goldmine.   Twin to another bull out of a first calf heifer.  We didn't even bother to weigh but total combined weight couldn't have been more than 90#, these guys were tiny.  The heifer is raising one, I am raising the other.   Photo credit goes to my daughter!

DSCI0026.jpg

GLZ

Does Goldmine normally throw a lot of white, or is that from the heifer?

shortyjock89

LN said:
I had a cat that would let my show heifers lick all over him.

We have lots of those kind of cats.  Fed hay the show heifers one time a couple years ago, and I'll be darned if one of the heifers didn't pick up a kitten by the skin of its neck right out of the hay bunk.  It was one of the silliest things I've seen a show calf do. 

kanshow

Does Goldmine normally throw a lot of white, or is that from the heifer?
The heifer is a baldy.  Most of our other Goldmines have been black.  There is a possibility that these calves were early & thus by our heifer bull BUT the bull she was with is Angus.  So I dunno...  The other twin is all black, btw.

box6rranch

We call our place the copacetic farm. All our animals love each other, dogs, cats, horses and of course cows. At night we feel like we are on the set of Dr Doolittle. 3 cats and 4 dogs all curled up and surrounding us on the couch. Love it, wouldn't have it any other way!

Rocky Hill Simmental

Cute picture (really cute calf)!  ;)

Our calves are the same way. They love the cats. One day when I was leading a heifer, I was going to line her up and there was a cat rubbing against her leg! That cat was lucky she didn't get kicked.  (lol)

fairin.smith

our dogs especially our boy goes out and cuddles w/ our heifer and if he's not w/ her he's racing up and down w/ the steers

red

one of the funniest things I've seen was when we had chickens running loose. One was in the pen w/ a steer & he grabbed it & shook it. chicken was fine but it was so funny.

Red  (lol)

Latest posts