Cattle Classic Florida

Help Support Steer Planet:

HT

Is any one going to this show in Bartow, FL On September 11 - 13, 2009??

SKF

HT said:
Is any one going to this show in Bartow, FL On September 11 - 13, 2009??

We're going to the one on the 26th. Have you ever showed at Bartow before?

HT

Is the one on the 26Th in Plant city, the Alumni FFA one??  this is my first time showing in Bartow. I have played softball tournaments down there though!!

SKF

HT said:
Is the one on the 26Th in Plant city, the Alumni FFA one??  this is my first time showing in Bartow. I have played softball tournaments down there though!!

The one on the 26th is The plant city FFA but it will be held at Bartow. The Bartow facility is EXTREMLY hot. there is no air flow and it traps in the heat. So if your calves have a lot of hair or don't do well in the heat I would think twice about being going there for three days. Thats the reason a lot of us are not going. if you do go take fans and dress for very hot weather. During the summer months I try to only go if its a one day show in Bartow. Oct 3rd we are having a show in Arcadia  which is a nice facility and in Oct. Kissimmee has a great show. Have you done many prospect shows in Fl.? You can go to www.silverkingfarms.com for info on the Oct. 3rd show.

HT

I havn't showed at many prospects. Just state fairs, county fairs, and national shows...Two of my calves absolutely HATE hot weather. But I have fans, so maybe they wont be so bad. I have to keep two of the calves under fans right now, and its not overly hot in the barn.. Thanks for the heads up.

SKF

If you go get there early so you can tie up outside under the trees and bring a pop up tent in case you don't get under the trees. It is much cooler outside then in the barn. Do not tie your calves all the way inside the barn because there is no air flow so it is very hor even with fans. Plus you will need a generator. Other then the heat it should be a good show. Good Luck!!!  :)