*****CATTLE COOLERS*****

Help Support Steer Planet:

ViniVidiVici

Your thoughts on cattle coolers: likes, concerns, tips, what-not-to-do's, what-to-do's.. Ect..

okiegirl

We are about a week away from completion on our cool room, so I would love to hear input on this too.

cpratz

Make it at least 12 foot wide so you can have room to walk and put fans behind calves. Don't leave the cattle wet, either dry them or leave dry and just blow them out.

Texas Dude

I am interested too. Not to sound brash, but what kind of cost am I looking at?

okiegirl

Here in SE Ok our night time temps sometimes stay in the upper 70's or low 80's with lots of humidity.  Does anyone rinse and blow them put them in day and night?

ViniVidiVici

I rinse my steers and hiefers twicw a day early morning and right before dark, before i put them out for the night.. If its real hot i'll also rinse them about 1 or so in the afternoon

cpratz

The steers I put in the cooler I rinse in the morning and blow them out by sunrise. Then just blow the cedar fiber out of the calves everytime I check them during the day. For calves that are just in the show barn I rinse in the morning and about everytime I check the calves in the cooler I rinse them. I leave the steers that are not really growing hair yet (Denver and OYE steers) wet during the day to keep them cool while there in the show barn.