Cattle farms worth stopping at

Help Support Steer Planet:

ATM OH

Will be making a trip from Indianapolis to Nashville in mid November and actually stopping at the NAILE in Louisville on the way down or way back.  Just sort of a mini vacation.  Does anyone know of any cattle farms on that route or outside of Nashvillle that would be worth a drive out of the way to see?  I just enjoy the scenary and figured on the way down through Kentucky there might be something off the beaten path worth driving by or stopping at.

JimF

there are several good options I am certain, but you might consider Sunset View if you would like to see some of the best donors in the Simmental breed - there are lots of bulls in semen catalogs (Steel Force, Star Power and on and on) and leading herds with the SVF prefix and lots of wins at Denver/Louisville - you can exit I-65 about 25 miles north of Nashville at Franklin, KY that is located on the state line and the farm is only about 25 west of the interstate - nice scenic drive through some very good farmland that is not typical of what folks think of being Kentucky and very hospitable folks -

Doc

You have Martindell Farms Shorthorns in Hardyville,KY about 1 hr south of L'ville. Myself and Spring Lake Farms are about 25 miles north of Nashville ,right off I-65. Deer Valley Angus is about 1 hour south of Nashville.

ATM OH

Thanks for the responses...definitely will try to plan a day to at least drive by these locations and see the country.  Doc - any cool restaraunts or anything unique to stop at out your way.

Doc

ATM OH said:
Thanks for the responses...definitely will try to plan a day to at least drive by these locations and see the country.  Doc - any cool restaraunts or anything unique to stop at out your way.

You have a Bass Pro Shop between me and Nashville. I think Opryland Hotel will have all their Christmas decorations up by then. Several good steakhouses in Nashville. Some different things also if traveling with kids. Deer Valley is having their sale mid November.

lightnin4

Doc said:
ATM OH said:

You have a Bass Pro Shop between me and Nashville. I think Opryland Hotel will have all their Christmas decorations up by then. Several good steakhouses in Nashville. Some different things also if traveling with kids. Deer Valley is having their sale mid November.

Deer Valley's sale is usually on the Saturday before the junior show in Louisville.  It's Nov 10th this year.  A really nice farm to visit.

ATM OH

Thanks for the replies, definitely some useful information.

twc77

Look up Hill Country Cattle Company in Fountain Run Ky, Im sure if Johnnie isnt in L'ville that he will have plenty of nice ones to show you.