Cattle Insurance

Help Support Steer Planet:

obie105

What insurance companies does everyone use to insurance cows? I have a couple that would be nice to get some insurance on. Nay feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

simmyman67

thebulllady on here was telling me she knows a lady who does the insurance but I don't know who it is...

ADG

Hartford has a very good policy.  Mortality, theft, etc.

kfacres

country insurance, has a policy that we use on our cattle and sheep- on the upper end.  It's a life policy, that basically states- if that animal dies, you get paid...  You set the premium price, I think cattle are at 6 or 6.5%, and sheep are 12 or 13%.  We've used it several times: lost ewes to prolapse, rams to fighting, and a cow to carrying twins and had complications. 

In all cases, you have to get a vet statement to conclude death and state thier reasons.  Then the animal goes to the Federal lab, where an autopsy is completed...  Of course, this is all paid for by the insurance company. 

We also have a blanket farm policy stating that if more than 5 animals get killed by something natural, or crazy.. then we can collect.. but this isn't really what you're wanting to know about.

WRS

I'll second Coachmac.  We have all our mortality insurance through Jamie and she is great to work with.

ZNT

Where are you located?  If in the Texas area, give Howard Miller Insurance a call.  We have used them for several years, and they have been great to work with.  I believe it is American Insurance that they are an agent for also.

There number is 817-732-1872.  Talk to David.