Cattle prices these days

Help Support Steer Planet:

traveling bull

I know the market on cattle is higher this year than last. I haven't sold any cows in quite sometime so I don't know what bred cows are going for these days. What I have that I'm considering letting go is a first calf heifer that is 1/2 simmi and about 1/2 (Fear Thisx600U) She weighs around 1200 and is vet confirmed bred back to Gigalo Joe. She is dog gentle and comes from 30 years of AI breeding. Her first calf was out of a angus bull. Born Feb 4th and weighed 665 last Saturday with no creep. She is solid black. The second is a baldy heifer year old last March. Weighing over 1000. Can be regestered CHI, but is simmi mixed. Vet confirmed bred to Tiny Tim. Hoping for help with todays market values.

katie_k

if shes a good producer keep her, if u can stand without her or are gonna need to get rif of her in a few years get id of her while prices are high

Bradenh

they always say the best way to see how much something is worth is to put it for sale and see how much somebody will give for it. i would say a pair of good pedigreed young maternal females can easily bring you 2500 each if you know how to adveritse and get her in the hands of somebody who really needs one or two of them.

SouthWest

In a couple of weeks, there will be some cows go for sale on Breeders World website sales.  You can view what they are sold for.  You may have a better idea by comparing what you have with a cow similiar to yours.