Cedar protocol suggestions

Help Support Steer Planet:

formersteerjock

I put cedars in this past Saturday and plan on removing them Saturday the 22 and give lut at cedar removal. I like to see cows standing and breed 12 hours later.  Some people are using timed ai 56 hours later with a shot of cystereline at breeding.  Give me your thoughts in waiting on standing heat vs timed ai and what is best. It's just hard for me to breed them without seeing standing heat.

WSC2010

When we put cidrs in we give a shot of mu-se and gnrh. Then pull CIDR a week later. If they come into standing heat we breed 12 hours later and give shot of gnrh. If they don't show heat we time ai and give shot of gnrh. We have had very very good results with this. Hope this helps.

shortybreeder

When we pull CidRs (typically midday by the time we get around to it) we give a shot of Lutalyse, followed by another shot of Lutalyse the next morning, GNRH the following night, then AI in the morning. We have had very good luck with this.

ferkj

If you search on here you will find many posts on this question. Some go back 4-5 years.  Lots of good info and different protocols used. 

shortybreeder

Haven't seen much difference here, and have always done the 5 day. But I usually go with the 7 day for the first round of breeding because I'll have a specific calving date in mind, and I just stick the CidRs in 2 days earlier. After we pregnant check at 30 days I'll switch and use the 5 day to try and save ourselves 2 days on any misses. ET recips are always 7 day though.

Latest posts