cell phones in the ring

Help Support Steer Planet:

Markjupiter

BABYTEX said:
I dont want to sound ignorant by any means but that kinda thing happens at every show i go to and i really wish people would learn real showmanship

Absolutely, I agree with that. I am also bothered on the people who are not qualified because of the uncertain things that might happen in the event. Real showmanship lies on how you show it, physically and mentally.

showsteerdlux

Show Heifer said:
Bulldaddy said:
While we are at it, how come lots of kids don't take their hats off when they enter a building like a home or church?  Are old fashioned  manners out of style?  Just a thought...
How about spitting EVERYWHERE? I have seen boys/guys/men spitting on sidewalks, in the show ring, in the show barn,  EVERYWHERE.. come on. If you "big boy" enough to chew either be man enough to swallow, or polite enough to spit on your own boot.
I don't see the problem with spitting, especially in the barn. if you got to spit to got to spit. Oh, and swallowing that stuff can damage your esophagus and cause stomach ulcers so don't want to do that.

Belties R Us

we had a judge at a show specifically say they did NOT want to see scotch combs in back pockets because if an animal jumps into you the comb goes into your rear.

PaFFA Proud

I love the people that really dont care. This guy has to show animals to continue living at his parents place and HATES it. Well the night before he went out with his buddies(non-showers) and got drunk. Well we never seen him in the barn until it was like 15 mins b4 the class. He wasent even in show clothes. He no kidding washed his steer 10 mins b4 the class, threw on his clothes, 4got his number, didnt tuck in his shirt, and when the judge was going around he was texting. :eek: His steer was badley behaved everyone was soaked from his steer rubbing agianst them and their steers also.

Another thing i luv is when girls wear reaveling clothing in the arena..no kidding ive seen bellies exposed and very low cut shirts in the show arena.

AAOK

[[/quote]
I don't see the problem with spitting, especially in the barn. if you got to spit to got to spit. Oh, and swallowing that stuff can damage your esophagus and cause stomach ulcers so don't want to do that.
[/quote]

Don't worry about the Ulcers.  The Dipping/Chewing will give you Cancer, which will kill you before the ulcers get too bad.

jphelps

AAOK said:
[/quote]

Don't worry about the Ulcers.  The Dipping/Chewing will give you Cancer, which will kill you before the ulcers get too bad.
[/quote]

my thoughts exactly!  (clapping)
what about wearing under armour in the ring? not the skin tight short sleeve stuff but a long sleeve polo type thing

aj

Turn the scotch comb where teeth are sticking out. I personally like to wear a thong when I show. Then see if anyone notices. ;)

jason

AAOK said:
[/quote]

[/quote]

(lol)

showsteerdlux

AAOK said:
[/quote]

[/quote]
Idk bout that, most people my age (20's) that I know have had more problems with ulcers than cancer. Got to support the industry though, I didn't work in a tobacco field from the time I was 12 on to not support it.

Show Heifer

Chewing WILL CAUSE CANCER of the mouth, tongue, jaw, throat, gums.  Swallowing the juice will just take the cancer causing agents "down the road".  So, then, after they remove your tongue, jaw, they can try and save you from stomach or esphogus cancer. Wow, that sounds like total fun. (Actually have a fellow in our community that has NO upper jaw, half a tongue, and no voice box due to him chewing tobacco as a kid. How do you think HIS life has been since that happened in his late twenties?

Spitting outside is ok, but it is disgusting to see someone standing in the middle of a pool of spit. Then to actually walk through it yourself? GROSS.  I don't mind if someone chews, just please, dont' spit in the walkways, or sidewalks. Just show some respect for others. That is all I ask.

Bradenh

aj said:
Turn the scotch comb where teeth are sticking out. I personally like to wear a thong when I show. Then see if anyone notices. ;)
hahahahah lol i was considering saying that same thing to see how everybody reacted. good one. . .

Latest posts