cellulose ethanol

Help Support Steer Planet:

bradycreek

Is this where we are heading?  I see where here in North America there are several experimantal plants up and running and under construction.  Wow...as if hay cost isn't high enough now I'm sure it will go up even more if this is our future.
They can make ethanol from the corn stalks, wheat stubble, grasses, wood chips, and most any plant tissue.  The entire plant is used where as with corn only the grain part of the plant is used. 
What are your thoughts.
dh

Show Dad

I read some time back that switch grass was the best candidate for this process. Though you can use all the others listed the switch grass would work best.

As the world economy continues to search for it's new reality (i.e., the current volatility in commodity prices), one should understand that high input cost will be a large factor in curtailing beef output and consumption. The Ethenol dynamic is a great example (one of many) of this trend.

We Americans need energy and have come to the point where it is going to be a choice between high grain prices, the lost of some wilderness or nuclear waste, so we can get it.