CF Firestone

Help Support Steer Planet:

Shorthorn_Junkie

I was just surfing some different Shorthorn Breeder links, and ran across this bull "CF Firestone". 

He's out of one of the Queen Cows sired by Bloodstone.  I'm quiet impressed with this bull. 

http://www.smokymountainfarmandranch.com/Shorthorn%20Herd%20Bulls.htm

oakbar

Hey Shorthorn Junkie,

When I use your name I feel like I'm writing to myself!!  You're right --He's a nice looking bull!!  The only thing I would be worried about is that his BW is +6.1 and CE is -7.6.  I know he's a young bull but usually over time the CE will get worse not better if the Shorthorns are like most other breeds. I know I sound like a broken record, but if the Shorthorn breed wants to be commercially acceptable and have good show cattle we need to start paying attention to calving ease.  Look at the latest Shorthorn Country and see how the BW as increased recently.  Most commercial people want their cows bred to bulls they don't have to watch all the time and probably will choose another breed if we continue down this road.  OK, I'll get off my soapbox yet again!! 

Shorthorn_Junkie

Hey Oakbar.

Point taken.

I am still learning a lot about these types of things, so don't worry about your soap box.  You're fine.  :)

Latest posts