Champion Shorthorn Plus bull NWSS

Help Support Steer Planet:

jaimiediamond

Congratulations to AJ he just won the champion Shorthorn plus bull (red).  Also pictured is the Reserve champion (blue)

Attachments

• New Picture (3).jpg
    New Picture (3).jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 491

GM

There goes his commercial acceptability!  Joke!!! ;)  Congratulations!!!  Your bull looks great!!

Ohio1

(clapping) (lol).    But congrats on the big win!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 284

trevorgreycattleco

That bull that won isn't a carrier. I'd say sour grapes. He practices what he preaches. Have you ever done anything in the past you wouldn't do today? I sure as hell have.

Telos

WOW!!! This is extra special. Congrats AJ. Really looks good. Is there some Red Angus in him? Moderate, stout enough and big nutted. Will semen sell on the open market?

aj

Sodhouse Pepper Red 932 xar55271. Birth weight 74 #. Both parents tested th and pha free. We might draw semen on him. I was going to breed a bunch of heifers to him. He's a Double bred Beckton Lancer 442(carcass bull). Double bred Sodhouse Fancy 510 cow.

Duncraggan

Pray tell, where may one acquire some of these world class genetics? (clapping)  Nice one AJ!

aj

There weren't alot of plus bulls out there. Around 20 purebred bulls. Billie wanted to try and show on the hill. It's an off year and I guess it wasn't to hard to figure out. We just wanted to get him out there to display mainly. I had a gut feeling we'd take home a banner. steer planet grin.

frostback

aj said:
There weren't alot of plus bulls out there. Around 20 purebred bulls. Billie wanted to try and show on the hill. It's an off year and I guess it wasn't to hard to figure out. We just wanted to get him out there to display mainly. I had a gut feeling we'd take home a banner. steer planet grin.
2013  Livestock Results

Open Breeding Cattle - Shorthorn  - ShorthornPlus

Class#GRC200 - Grand Champion & Reserve Grand Champion ShorthornPlus Bull
Place Back# Animal Name Owner Exhibitor
1st 4830 SODHouse Pepper Red 932 Craig Hoyt - SOD House Cattle of Brewster, KS Craig Hoyt - SOD House Cattle of Brewster, KS
2nd 4831 couch smoke Rick Couch - Coush Farms of Quapaw, OK Rick Couch - Coush Farms of Quapaw, OK

Class#CRC03 - Division Champion and Reserve Division Champion ShorthornPlus Bull
1st 4830 SODHouse Pepper Red 932 Craig Hoyt - SOD House Cattle of Brewster, KS Craig Hoyt - SOD House Cattle of Brewster, KS
2nd 4831 couch smoke Rick Couch - Coush Farms of Quapaw, OK Rick Couch - Coush Farms of Quapaw, OK

Class#222A - ShorthornPlus Bulls calved January 1, 2010 and after

Class#222B - ShorthornPlus Bulls calved January 1, 2010 and after
1st 4831 couch smoke Rick Couch - Coush Farms of Quapaw, OK Rick Couch - Coush Farms of Quapaw, OK

thunderdownunder

I thought there might be a few more entries in the crossbreed section.
Well done aj, I bet you'd have liked to have some more competition!

blackdiamond

In 5 years, will anyone know if there was 2 or 200 in the show?  I think they only thing is they'll know where the banner hangs.

Look at it this way, if AJ's bull had not been there, the blue bull would have won-- and so theoretically, AJ beat a National Champion bull.