Changing Majors

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortyjock89

BudE said:
ShortyJock89 you finally said something on here to make me register instead of just reading about them dang shorthorns.  First thing I'd say is slow down.  You've been in school a month, this first year will take you anywhere so have fun and get good grades.  You can worry about changing at the end of the year.  Bailey and I just had a long talk about school and what she wants to do and like I told her if it takes 5 years to get a 4 year degree that's just fine.  I've been working for 25 years and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.  I do think you'd make a good teacher just from watching your interaction with other kids (excluding your sister), but it's a tough life and the rewards must come from the work not the compensation.  Whatever you decide let me know and I'll help you in anyway I can.  I would advise you that in some circles the U of I teaching school is not highly thought of.  They seem to be taught more on theory and not actual practice.  This is a very limited pool of investigation so take it for what it's worth.

How's that funnel butted, fine boned bull calf doing?  Stop by sometime on your way by the girls have 4 heifers and 2 steers in the barn, give me your opinion, it's valued.

Dang it Buddy, you always seem to make me see your point.  I suppose that I should worry more about getting the grades and having fun.  I'll see where it goes, but I would like to teach.  I'll stop by as soon as I can, I don't know if dad told you or not, but my truck isn't working AGAIN. I'm thinking it's time for a diesel maybe lol.  I'll just have to come by and see how those crazy gutless onion-headed cattle of yours are doin. 

You oughta see that scraggly little bull.  He ain't worth the feed I'm puttin through him.  He might be worth taking to the NAILE, but it would just be as a sideshow  ;)

Oh and P.S. You might wanna see our show heifers, they might be as bad as the bull!

BudE

Short Jockies,
Bailey wanted to take her crazy gutless onion-headed State Fair Reserve Champion to NAILE but we just can't get away for that kind of time with Basketball and Volleyball going on.  Anytime you need a ride or delivery I'm through campus 3 or 4 times a week.  Bailey's diesel quit running a week ago but a fuel filter seems to have fixed it, damn new diesel is screwing up the older engines.  Only had 2500 miles on this filter.  Sorry to hi-jack the thread your getting good advice here.  We'll talk soon.  Hope you got a deer permit this year.  I've got a huge 8 point here with one of you kids name on it.