CHAROLAIS clubby bull---VIDEO'S

Help Support Steer Planet:

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
There has been quite a disagreement on  what kind to raise for clubby sire  ...Maybe it has  something to do with location....
The people up North like  them big, talk to some clubby oeople in Iowa an they say there all to big,grow to fast ,need more
half bloods to get the size down to make them work ...Have a bull for discussion an don't worry about  what you say cause your opinion is just like a judge at a show ,we'll read it once and then make up our own minds ....First bull picture is a Fall yearling, 09-04-09----frame 5 --700 lb weaning ,--1137 yearling

This bull had no fitting right out of the pen ..

Attachments

• Lot 51_6280.jpg
    Lot 51_6280.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 279

aandtcattle

Thats a damn nice char bull? is he a purebred?  Very moderate no matter the color.  Thick made and super good fronted, not all leather necked like so many of the purebred chars around.  I like him.

Freddy

The bull is a son of the Progress bull in Kentucky that we own with Millstone Charolais ,we raised him ....The mother of this bull is a UNLIMITED EASE 9108 DAUGHTER and she is out same cow as out herd bulls Maximo F600 and Fast Company F69 .....Bull sells in our sale 03-19-2011 at the ranch ....We will retain some semen interest ....

Top Knot

I like the moderation, the rib, and the scrotal development. My concern would be that he is perhaps too straight in his shoulder and rear leg set.

Bulldaddy

Freddy,  we discussed this before regarding some other bulls. This bull is the right type and frame to use for club calves.  Nice bull.  Many others are just to tall to work.

DaHerd

He's extremely straight in his back legs and his front as well. Besides that he's a very nice char bull. He could probably work on very sound angus females.

Freddy

DOn't any body have any good structured X COWS . THE aNGUS  WILL WORK FOR GOOD FEMALES  BUT NOT MUCH FOR THE STEER SIDE ...i MIGHT START BREEDING HIM TO SOME OF THOSE BLACK HALF BLOOD,THERE IS AN aNGUS GUY HE IS SELLING SOME FALL CALVES THAT ARE OUT OF A PUREBRED cHAROLAIS BULL AND THE CALVES ARE ALL BLACK FROM REG. ANGUS COW ... tHERE FOR SALE AT vALENTINE   03-27-2011 sorry about my capitals just  didn't notice it till I was about done  

Why would you worry about  his legs ,they are plenty straight,but he travels good ,we proably are using more straight or crippled bulls in the clubby deal and  making money on doing it ...I'm sure Heat Wave wasn't this good on his feet and legs at this age ....IIsure wish he was better ,but  I still think there is a lot of good in him ,if you use him just like you use certain clubby bulls every year ...He also has a tremendous scrotal measurement ,and this would sure help the female side for raising good females ....Is faults in a bull just used if he is a MAINE OR KEY,the rule there is if they raise a money making product its ok ....I'm sure going to use him and see the results ,.....

Freddy

Will be a video out at end of week ,also have other bulls that are  very complete .

This April yearling is out of out FASTRACK son MAXIMO F600 AND AN assertion bred cow...He moves very good ,lots of meat for not being a year old....

LOT 44

Attachments

• IMG_6991----0419---.jpg
    IMG_6991----0419---.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 241

Freddy

Young April bulls in our sale out of our Maximo  bull ...........Catalog and more video's on web site .........  www.fredranch.com

LOT 45 IS A FULL BROTHER TO BULL WE TOOK TO  NE. CLASSIC .................

LOT 46  IS OUT OF A COW SIRED BY OUR HALF  HOODOO  SIRE    ROBINHOOD .....

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TvaFlDBLWNM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>