• Witch Doctor

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Rocky Balboa

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Charolais

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

gilbert07

This is my June 14th Charolais heifer that i bought at the Hoosier Beef Congress and was just wondering what you people thought of her. Thanks for taking your time to look at her. 

Attachments

• 100_4806.jpg
    100_4806.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 667
  • 100_4810.jpg
    100_4810.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 538
  • 100_4805.jpg
    100_4805.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 515

shortyisqueen

Pretty cowy heifer, Gilbert07. She might make a real nice smoky momma. If you can find a bull to drop her flank and take away a bit of the Charolais dewlap, you could really have something.

Of your list, I would vote Who Made Who. He calves out nicely on heifers, will lengthen out her neck a bit, and should click nicely with her soft look.

Good buy and good luck with your heifer!

OH Breeder

Being a heifer, go PROVEN calving ease. Northern Improvement is an excellent choice for her. HE would lengthen her out and give the calf some grow. They are usually pretty out of him and have great hair. You might get a smoke.
I have not used Who on heifers, but he would be my first choice on a cow.

SWMO

Don't know how she's bred but a proven calving ease charolais bull we use is Baldridge Kojack. 

garybob

She looks a lot like the Full-French Charolais still being used in Europe and Mexico. I appreciate her substance, while still retaining her femininity. They don't have to be frail to be feminine.

GB

gilbert07

i believe we are going to use northern improvement on her because of calving ease....does anyone else agree on that..and just wondering if he would work well on her

OH Breeder

Northern Improvement for me... did exactly that. Length of body, growth, hair. the calves are fancy and correct. I think you will like them very much.Easy calving as well.

red

good idea on NI! you'll probably get a nice smkoey from that. Really hot here in Ohio!

(welcome) Gilbert!
Red

gilbert07

would Who Made Who work well with her and would it be a calving ease for her also, or should we just stick with NI since hes a calving ease bull, from what i heard WMW doesnt have to many big calves, not sure if thats true tho

Jill

Either bull will work great on calving ease, WMW is a long established proven calving ease bull and he will give you a little clubbier look, probably if anything will downsize the frame, Northern Improvement  is an Angus bull he will lengthen her out but isn't going to add any width.  Either bull will work, just a matter of what you want to "fix" on the heifer.