Check out the video of this Carnac X PB Char Fall Bull Calf!

Help Support Steer Planet:

RSC

Close friends of mine, Jamie(Freddy on the Planet)  and Kay Fred, owners of the Fred Ranch raised a fall calf that they just sold that is a Carnac x PB Char.  They decided to put together a video at the last minute,  the video is linked below.  I am very happy for them as the calf brought an awesome price.  Let me know what you think.  Congrats Jamie and Kay, you've been at it a long time and you deserve it. (clapping)

http://fredranch.com/multimedia/videos/cattle/7/gunsmoke--.wmv

RSC

showsteerdlux

Sorry before it said somethin about a video and nothin about carnac. My mistake. I knew it was somethin like carnac or sunseeker or friction. Just couldn't remember which one.

AAOK

Nice Calf.  I'm curious what an "awesome" price is.  In my mind Awesome is an adjective reserved for describing God or a Devine intervention.  Don't get me wrong; I think the calf is terrific, and could demand a price around here from $2000 to as much as $4000.
I congratulate the Freds on raising a really nice calf; pretty good job on the video too. 

knabe

i agree he looks good too, what % to hybrid vigor and what would calves look like on composite, clubby cows, it's intended use? or use on some of them good kansas shorthorns to get some vigor.

RSC

AAOK said:

Nice Calf.  I'm curious what an "awesome" price is.  In my mind Awesome is an adjective reserved for describing God or a Devine intervention.  Don't get me wrong; I think the calf is terrific, and could demand a price around here from $2000 to as much as $4000.
I congratulate the Freds on raising a really nice calf; pretty good job on the video too.   
AAOK,  I didn't know at first if I should reveal the price.  This calf brought $ 28,000. 

Thanks,

RSC

showsteerdlux

Wow. last time I had looked he was at 4,000. Somebody must have really wanted him. He looks like he has alot of potential. Is he steered or still a bull?

RSC

zach said:
i would hope for 28k, hes a bull lol
My guess is that it's 50/50 on whether he will be a bull or a steer. 

Carnac seems to be the ticket on PB chars.  There was a full brother to him and a Spring Carnac calf we sold that was out of another PB Char that both sold well as well.  Not the crazy price he brought but good calves.

RSC

showsteerdlux

Have you heard if he works on something like a half charolais half simmi. Shes picutered in my avatar if your wondering what color?

RSC

showsteerdlux said:
Have you heard if he works on something like a half charolais half simmi. Shes picutered in my avatar if your wondering what color?
I have read many times on the web of people complaining of Carnac and his soundness.  I have seen quite a few and that isn't the issue.  Most of the ones that I have looked at
were on PB Chars or real good PB Angus or very sound Simi-Angus.  I know of 3 sires that I thought had some soundness issues when they were promoted but ended up breeding good to great cattle.  Too many people go back to what they thought they were seeing when the bull was young,  once they start proving themselves who cares.  I had heard rumors early on that Carnac was not sound & I am not saying he is but I do know that on the right cow he will work and a 2 other big plusses are great disposition and hair.

Carnac would probably work fine on your cow, However if your looking for a Char color I would look elsewhere.  I would look at a PB char to possibly get a Butterscotch Char.  If you are looking for a Char to use get back to me as I may know of one that will be promoted in a month or so.

RSC

showsteerdlux

I could care less what color it comes out. Just so its show worthy and will do good. The heifer in the pic was 1st in class at our st. fair so shes pretty good.

RSC

afhm said:
Who bought him RSC?
I was told the buyer requested it not be public as of now.  If he is kept a bull and they decide to promote him I will let you know ASAP.

RSC

red

he reminds me of  (thumbsup)a polar bear. Big, hairy & white. I hope they keep him a bull, smokeys so hot now. Seems to be walking good from video.

Red

garybob

I could buy ten acres  with a few mobile homes on it, (to rent to illegal immigrants) for what that calf brought! ;)