check this bull out!

Help Support Steer Planet:

wyatt

has anyone seen this bull his name is the situation he is a eye candyX(heatwaveXchar) what do you think?

Attachments

• TheSituation_lg.jpg
    TheSituation_lg.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 704

Simmgal

I like his rear muscle shape..I would like to see more of his front though. He doesn't look bad.

CPL

He looks OK - you can't really tell much from that picture. I know Mark has started doing them at that angle, but I really think the standard profile is a must to get a better evaluation (best evaluation would be in person obviously).

kfacres

CPL said:
He looks OK - you can't really tell much from that picture. I know Mark has started doing them at that angle, but I really think the standard profile is a must to get a better evaluation (best evaluation would be in person obviously).

from my experienc evaluating, and picture taking...  angles usally have something to hide- and flaunt.. in this case, I would suspect length of hip, or rear leg set as hideable, and base width as flauntable.

maybe just a guess though. 

I hate looking at pictures of puff and fluff.. with enough hair, you can shape anything.

wyatt

the truth said:
CPL said:

from my experienc evaluating, and picture taking...  angles usally have something to hide- and flaunt.. in this case, I would suspect length of hip, or rear leg set as hideable, and base width as flauntable.

I hate looking at pictures of puff and fluff.. with enough hair, you can shape anything.
agree i like the bull because he doesn't have alot of hair and yes he will have faults he looks short bodied and low to the ground but overall i think he is a good bull

kfacres

wyatt said:
the truth said:
CPL said:

from my experienc evaluating, and picture taking...  angles usally have something to hide- and flaunt.. in this case, I would suspect length of hip, or rear leg set as hideable, and base width as flauntable.

agree i like the bull because he doesn't have alot of hair and yes he will have faults he looks short bodied and low to the ground but overall i think he is a good bull

there is not an accurate way to determine hair length based upon how one looks in a picture, atleast not a way that I have found on something 'fit' up.  

wyatt

i wana see this bull in person because there are two things that worry me in this picture nothing with the bull but stuff ive herd they do to them to make them better and in the pic he appears to be slick sheared how do you hide hair?

kfacres

wyatt said:
i wana see this bull in person because there are two things that worry me in this picture nothing with the bull but stuff ive herd they do to them to make them better and in the pic he appears to be slick sheared how do you hide hair?

this bull is NOT slicked off.  He may be peeled tight in places, legs/ head neck, but I can guarentee that this bull IS NOT slicked in THIS picture.  He may have been in the original, but NOT THIS one. (pop)

vc

I wonder how you can guarantee that unless you took the picture, he does not appear to have much hair in the picture. He does appear to have plenty of bone and nuts. I would guess that they are pushing him as a slick shear bull.

kfacres

vc said:
I wonder how you can guarantee that unless you took the picture, he does not appear to have much hair in the picture. He does appear to have plenty of bone and nuts. I would guess that they are pushing him as a slick shear bull.

look at his lower quarter, you can either see the hair folicles, or you can see those created....  I'm not saying there is phony business going on, but this calf has hair, atleast on his ace..

if the breeder is on here, or the owner, I'd sure like to see multiple shots, as I'm also just as certain that when taking pictures, they didn't just take 1.  If that's the case, and they have multiple ones-- and that proves to me that this bull is in fact slicked.. I'll put my foot in my mouth. and that's a 'chapple guarenn F'n TEE."

Young

This might help

Attachments

• The Situation bull 2.jpg
    The Situation bull 2.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 273
  • The Situation bull 3.jpg
    The Situation bull 3.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 270

twistedhshowstock

if he has hair it aint much and certainly not enough to hide any defects, yeah they left hair on the lower quarter, but I leave hair on the lower quarter on every heifer and bull I slick, the only time I slick lower quarter is in steer shows where the rules require it...Truth, I think you may have put your foot in your mouth on this one

kfacres

thanks (clapping).. just one question... why would these not be the first 2 pictures used to promote this bull? <rock>  These two are 29x better than the first, maybe just IMO, but the first pic didn't do anything for me.  This picture, however, tickles my pickle...   <beer>

This calf reminds me alot of Captain Morgan, although not as coarse made.  I like the front end so much better on this calf, but the overall stoutness, width, and power is interesting, maybe it's just the color O0..

I for one, would like to hear a more detailed history on this calf. (clapping)

kfacres

twistedhshowstock said:
if he has hair it aint much and certainly not enough to hide any defects, yeah they left hair on the lower quarter, but I leave hair on the lower quarter on every heifer and bull I slick, the only time I slick lower quarter is in steer shows where the rules require it...Truth, I think you may have put your foot in your mouth on this one

you were typing as I was..

Wait a min.. Did you say what I thought you did?  Went back and re-read it.. Yup, you said they left hair on his ass... and so did I... Hot dog, guess I slipped by on that one <beer> (lol)
the truth said:
vc said:

look at his lower quarter, you can either see the hair folicles, or you can see those created....  I'm not saying there is phony business going on, but this calf has hair, atleast on his ace..

Young

Look at Trausch Farms blog on June 24 says he is an Eye Candy out of a Heat Wave x Char cow

rarebirdz

I love the bull he is very cool... He looks grat from all angles

My only complaint is his THC status. Jus means I wont be usin him myself!  Goes with my choppin wood let down :(

dj

This bull is owned by Brandon Bird of TX and Troy Thomas of SD. You can also go to Bird Show Cattle or Showsteers. com under TX and look for Bird Show Cattle. There on Brandon's site you can find a picture of this guy haired up for you guys who would like to see him in his winter coat. The bull is Eye Candy on a Heat Wave/Charolais. He tested THC/PHAF. Brandon is legit as they come. I have dealt with him and have gotten along great with his cattle. Best of luck. Oh and this is not the only barn burner bull he has.
Daniel