Check this one...

Help Support Steer Planet:

OH Breeder

I always like to see great pictures of calves. I think these folks did an exceptional job with the photos! (clapping)

http://www.showcattlepage.com/jensenshowcattle/calves.htm

jason

Those are awesome.  When we take photos I usually end up taking tons of them since it is a digital camera.  Then later discarding 90%, cropping the rest, and than adding the text.

OH Breeder

It is so hard to get good pictures. I carry my camera all the time and try and get good ones. Tough!

Jill

Those are really good, I was on that web site for something the other day and had seen those, love the pics, hate the music.  I remember the 1st time we went out to take pics and thought it would be really easy, we came back in downloaded them and they all made the calf look terrible, I've decided taking good picture is really an art, and we aren't very good at it.

dori36

OH Breeder said:
I always like to see great pictures of calves. I think these folks did an exceptional job with the photos! (clapping)

http://www.showcattlepage.com/jensenshowcattle/calves.htm

Nice!  I wonder when looking at many of the pictures, how many do y'all think were photographed w/halter/leads on and, then, the halter, rope, and person holding the calf,  was "Photoshopped" out?  I have gotten pasture pictures nearly as good, but a couple of the ones on the site seem to have their heads elevated a bit unnaturally.  ???

knabe

i zoomed a few of these and all the pixels were the same size and didn't see any same color black smudging.  perhaps this is why they are good.  in the pasture, the person/s people doing the set up are the one's doing the work usually.  brooms, squeaky toys, subtle curiousity things usually get cattle to do that.  what i used to do to get that freaky look was take them up high, then down a little bit.  trick is to not get them reaching and forward.  you can get them to get that goosey archy look by just pushing the object straight towrards them slightly and they compress a little like an accordian.  it's kinda fun.