cherryBOMB

Help Support Steer Planet:

cattlechick

Just curious what kind of color patterns he has been throwing when used on black cows, and how are his BW's? Has he added thickness or bone to the calves, and are they moderate framed? Thanks a bunch,...

red

I've had 4 Cherry Bomb's so far. Three 3, one black. Two of the cows where black & the one was red.
Two dead calves; one TH & one just couldn't survive the -5 degree weather.
The 2 I had that lived, both are really nice. Good bones & fairly good structure.
Birthweights have been mid 80's for me.
Probably won't use him again though.

Red

Moocow11

Great little bull for makin heifer but only use him on cows because some of his calves are small and some are really big.

cattlechick

Red- Im sorry about the TH calf and your other loss, thats never a good thing no matter how they die. I was only going to breed one cow to him, my paleface that I think may work well with a heatwave son. Are you not using him again because of your bad luck with the TH or are you just not pleased with his calves? Thanks for the info RED!
cattleCHICK

red

We sold a heifer out of him for $2700. Very pleased with her. I guess I'm just planning on using TH/PHA clean bulls this year. My biggest problem with him is that he's not a registered Maine so it kills my %'s.
Here is one of the red calves.
Red

Attachments

• young Sami.jpg
    young Sami.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 317

cattlechick

Nice heifer RED! I know what you mean about the % maine but with the cow I was going to use him on, the calf will still be a maintainer. Thanks for the great picture too!
cattlechick

red

Yes, I used him on some 1/2-1/4 bloods so it really wrecked my %'s. I have a black heifer that is a full sib to the red one. She's nice but so far just isn't as put together as the red one was. Time will tell.
I like red cows, so for me I wanted some red. So far only 2 red calves this year & lost the one due to the cold. :'(
Red

oregondad

My son has a cherry bomb heifer that we will be sending to the sale barn this Saturday. She was a beautiful calf, like Reds, but at about 9 months old stated going lame. Looks like spastic paresis(spelling?).  I still like him but will be very cautious on what we breed him to.

red

(welcome)Oregondad!

I'm very sorry about the heifer! It seems to be an unfortunate trait w/ some clubby sires.

Red