Chi bull Success

Help Support Steer Planet:

justme

Anyone use the Chi-bull Success?  He's from Nebraska cann't remember his prefix.  We had a beautiful bull calf (yes the bull saga continues) out of a Money Man heifer.  Really liked the looks of the bull calf.  Only 75 pounds unassisted and has a really neat look.  I liked the Success cows I've seen in production so far.  Just wanted to see what you all thought of him.

red

Triple x's dam is out of Sucess. Maybe Telos or ZNT  has some pictures of her. I know she is a beauty.
You have the bulls & I have the heifers.

Red

CAB

It is Cedar Top Ranch Success. I know Zane likes the cows. Myron Danner from Ne. says he is one of the best kept maternal secrets. I've wanting to try him, but I wish that he was a higher % Chi bull. I was wondering, does Impulse have great daughters, B/C of coarse they would be higher %s. Does anyone know anything about the chi X bull named The Crusher? He is a son of JSC Crush who died last year with no semen bank available.

RSC

justme said:
Anyone use the Chi-bull Success?  He's from Nebraska cann't remember his prefix.  We had a beautiful bull calf (yes the bull saga continues) out of a Money Man heifer.  Really liked the looks of the bull calf.  Only 75 pounds unassisted and has a really neat look.  I liked the Success cows I've seen in production so far.  Just wanted to see what you all thought of him.
I've seen quite a few and they come easy, have a nice look to them, seem to be moderate and makes nice females.  Not sure what the females are like in production.  Works good on Charolais, no rat-tails that I know of.  When Cedar Top promoted him as a two year old bull,  he was a nice bull and pretty moderate considering his % Chi, IMO.

RSC

justme

Yep thats the success I used.  I just couldn't remember the prefix off the top of my head.  Of course I had a bull, but hopefully he'll turn out as a marketable bull for my daughter.  Really nice size and weight for a first calf heifer.  Just wondering if small calves are par for the course for him or was I just lucky?  I know Money Man is the sire of the heifer but wasn't sure about Success.  I used him on reccomendation from Major's.  Got about 4 more coming out of him.

Dero

I don't know anything about Crusher, I do know that most Impulse cattle have some frame to them.

RSC

justme said:
Yep thats the success I used.  I just couldn't remember the prefix off the top of my head.  Of course I had a bull, but hopefully he'll turn out as a marketable bull for my daughter.  Really nice size and weight for a first calf heifer.  Just wondering if small calves are par for the course for him or was I just lucky?  I know Money Man is the sire of the heifer but wasn't sure about Success.  I used him on reccomendation from Major's.  Got about 4 more coming out of him.
Most that I have seen have been moderate.  Had a smoke steer on our sale sired by him, very moderate.  I believe the bull Analyze this is sired by Success and he is very moderate.  Green Valley Cattle co a Maine cow herd uses him (Analyze This) and I am sure that Dennis wouldn't keep using him if the cattle weren't moderate and good cattle.  If you have some pretty good ones, Call Scott Star(Owner), he might be able to help you find a home for them.

RSC

Telos

Here are two CTR Success heifers that are now cows at ZNT Cattle. They do make really nice cows and is difficult to punch a hole in his females when it comes to maternal, temperament, calving ease and sound structure. The first picture is of Audrey which is Triple X's mother and the other is a just weaned Success heifer calf out of a 6807 cow. I like Success especially when used on Maine- Angus genetics. Good udders and milk seem to be the norm in his females, also.

ZNT Triple X has sired about 50+ calves at CTR and not one calf pulled. All out of different type cows. I will call him a calving ease bull. ZNT will be selling 4 or 5 steers out of him in a couple of weeks, the last Sunday of this month. His full sister is showing at Houston in a few days, this coming Sunday. Natalie Mai, who is only 4 years old, will be showing her in the open class.

Attachments

• PI5Send8.jpg
    PI5Send8.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 330
  • PI5Send2.Jpg
    PI5Send2.Jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 312

Bawndoh

Those two black heifers are what I would consider near perfect IMO.  VERY good looking individuals!

justme

Thanks for the pictures.  Let's hope our little bull is as nice as your heifers.  Crossing my fingers...I want a heifer so bad I can taste it lol (not literally lol) (thumbsup)  Just building Danielle's college fund!

chambero

I like Chi cattle also.  Another bloodline that I've seen work well for folks, including us, is the CJB Flash bull and his descendants (Flash Magic, etc).  Flash was raised by Charles Burk up in the Texas panhandle and later sold to Pass Cattle Company.  We bought several bulls out of him and have lots of his grandaughters running around in our herd.  They all milk just fine and make good mommas.  Every once in a while the Chi attitude would pop up in a heifers and you'd have to get rid of her, but other than that no complaints at all. 

fluffer

I can tell you guys, I know Scott and Eldon Starr (Cedar Top Ranch) and they are as good and honest of cattle producers as there are!  I have used several of their bulls and I bought a show heifer off them a few years ago that has done wonderful for us as a cow.  What you see is what you get out of there stuff

Fluffer

red

that liitle red steer which has Success in his background is about as stout & sound as you'd want. i'm really exited at what kind of feeder calf/steer he'll make. I think you've got a sweet combo there Gidget! I'm sure ZNT could give you more info on the genetics if you e-mailed them.

Red