Chill Factor

Help Support Steer Planet:

BCCC

I bred a heifer to chill factor the other night and now I am wondering if it was a mistake?? She is out of an Irish Whiskey son, she had a BW of less then 60, Will she be okay? They say he is decent calving ease but I am not sure. Thanks alot

Telos

I think you'll be OK. From reports he is not bad and seems to follow the cow as far as calving ease. A solid colored calf might be an issue only.

bjs

She looks like a Paddy O Malley Heifer!  Very nice with lots of hair in pic.  Good luck with her.

BCCC

bjs said:
She looks like a Paddy O Malley Heifer!   Very nice with lots of hair in pic.  Good luck with her.
Nope she is out of a herd bull her in Ulysses.... This picture was form awhile back.

She is a low percentage maine, but her sire has thrown quite a few white socked calves!! I hope she throws one of them!!

Cowboy

BCCC -- are you absolutely possitive your A-I man ""GAVE"" you 2 canes of Chill Factor???

I am not doubting your word there guy, but if he actually did give it to you -- yo umight want to go give hima giant hig -- CF is long dead and at last check -- he is 50.00 per unit! You just got 1,000 worth of semen if that is the case!

Use him with diligence, there are alot of great -- and I mean GREAT, females around from him. He is really strong on Cunia being from Cold Front and out of a Cunia dam as well, so watch what you breed him too or you will get some monkey's from him, plus they can be really straight too!

Nice hfr -- take care of her, our CF calves were never over 90 pounds -- but could be if used and fed wrong!

Terry

angusboy1

yea my friend said he was dead but i was thinking how did she get his semen and she said she knew somebody