CHOPPER, Rajin Cajun, or HOME BREW

Help Support Steer Planet:

MillwoodFarms

ok ree height isn;t gona work for me so i've picked a couple other bulls to A.I. to i have some angus/maine cows that i want to a.i. a good bull to were my little brother can show and probly sell what we dot show. here they are: fyi thare all from lautner farms

Chopper: PB Simmental Th and PHA Free

Ragin Cajun: sunseeker x whiplash Th carrier PHA free

Homebrew: Heatwave x Who Made Who TH carrier PHA free

which one would you (yall) prefer

Attachments

• HomeBrew-002.jpg
    HomeBrew-002.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 658
  • Ragin-Cajun.jpg
    Ragin-Cajun.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 655
  • Chopper.jpg
    Chopper.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 660

Jill

I don't know anything about the bulls, but just from what you have here I would go with Chopper, that would give you a double registered calf you could show as % simmi or Maintainer, and you can't beat that Maine/Angus/Simmi cross.

farwest

Seeing chopper I don't think hell ring the bell too many times in the ring.  I liked him. But total female bull.

Jill

Ok, let me reword that, what are you looking for?  If you're looking for steers that would be a different mating.

farwest

Sorry Jill.  I don't mean to argue with you on every post today.  Lol.

Jill

farwest said:
Sorry Jill.  I don't mean to argue with you on every post today.  Lol.

No problem, I've decided anyone who has a goat for an avatar needs to have a little leeway, there is something basically WRONG there! (clapping)
Each of the bulls listed has a different purpose and I put down what I would do, but I guess the answer would really depend on what you were looking for in an end product.

TMJ Show Cattle

Homebrew has somewhat proven himself.Reserve overall 08 Wisc.state fair. Glovers in Oklahoma have used him in the past with success.Ragin Cajun looks to be a good bull,won't know til next year. Copper is getting some bad rap in my opinion. Most of his critizism is no doubt coming from club calf producers. The Sim and Sim Angus breeders That I have talked to are pretty much excited about what he has to offer.

Diamond

Our reg champ heifer last year was a homebrew, also had a great temp. He works vary well on angus cattle .

tlcattle

any of these bulls are gonna give you enough muscle. my first pick is rajin cajun then chopper and then homebrew.
i like rajins style better than homebrews. and if you want hair idk if you'd want to use chopper he's a pb simmi and he might not throw much hair. jmo.

TMJ Show Cattle

You would have to be a gambler to choose other than Homebrew. Some folks do gamble and that's ok too. They are three completely different bulls. Myself I would pick Chopper for sim angus genetics for replacement heifers. That would be a gamble too. I would pick Homebrew next cause he has proven himself to sire calves that can win. I would wait til next year and let someone else gamble on Rajun Cajun. I don't feel the need to gamble much since there are lots of proven bulls to use.