Choppin' Wood Looks Good

Help Support Steer Planet:

vet tech

Saw him as a baby, really impressive calf! Real good hair, but the most impressive thing was REAL muscle shape, he has a great build to him with 4 feet that point straight ahead. I will be using this bull, possibly flushing a char donor of mine to him.

Steer4Caddy

Is there a video.  I like the picture but I would like to see these bulls at least in a video with todays technology and the investment at risk.

FarmerWanna-Be

I saw this bull last August. I loved him. He's super think and has amazing muscle and bone. He is also very stout and has a huge butt. Very impressed. Cant wait to see the show steers he sires.

PowersShowStock

Thanks for the comments everybody.  I have also loved this calf since he hit the ground.  He is an ET calf out of a HW x Full Flush 602 (Miss Perfection) donor.  Came from the Sweetheart sale. 

hamburgman

Troubador is an outcross isn't he?  I agree though, having a HW mother and saying outcross isn't the greatest marketing trick.

rtmcc

usu265 said:
Looks like he has some nuts too!
That was one of the things I noticed right off also.  He actually has a visible set of testicles.  Rare in a clubby bull but a great asset and should help his daughters in the long run.
He looks really cool!  Soft yet stout and a little more honest than some of the others.  Will be fun to see some of his first calves.

Ron

CAB

Makes me want to see some more Troubadour calves!!! Maybe should be using him some on the HS/HW/ clubbie cows. Don't the Troubadours come kinda small and take off from there?

chambero

I'd rather use his daddy (Troubador).  But I guess this one gives you an opton to potentially compete with Milkman and Solid Gold.

Troubador calves bear watching this year how they perform.  My favorite steer I've seen all spring was Brandon Bird's Lot 1 steer in his February sale.  I loved that steer.  Not sure where his final home is yet.

There are a few Texas folks on this site that have either raised some Troubador calves or bought some.  I sold one steer (only one I raised) and kept a heifer.  I'm obviously partial to my heifer, but everyone that has seen her loves her.  He first time out will be in early May.

Troubador calves did come real easy for us.  I used him on one of my best heifers this year (a Yellowjacket).  If Troubador negates some of Heat Wave's calving tendencies, that could be a real positive in this bull compared to some of the other Heatwave x Char bulls out there.

vet tech

In regard to his testicle size he has always had a big set. Another one of the things that stand out in my mind from seeing him as a calf. He should make a ton of semen

rarebirdz

He is a breath of fresh air in many respects I think the heatwave in the pedigree makes the wordng outcross alittle inacurate but over all awesome hip n top

Bird Cattle

AS ALWAYS CHAMBERO THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND WORDS.

When i bought into Troubadour i felt that heat wave daughters would be the key to his success since then i have found that there are many options, for instance as Mark Tenenbaum mentioned shorthorns, that is one breed that really could use some help at least in Texas so we sought out the best shorthorns we could find and are presently setting them up on shots to flush to Troubadour.

Powers you were right all along and i am  proud for you.

We have a few more bulls that haven't received a lot of attention that folks may consider in there breeding season this spring you can view them all on our web site Bird cattle.com

Chambero  i thought you would like to know we flushed milkman's mama to bojo and had a really good red bull calf that will probably be on display at Denver next year.

Latest posts