Chris Skaggs

Help Support Steer Planet:

klintdog

Just saw that Chris Skaggs is judging our national show in Denver. Has anyone ran into him in the ring? If so, what should we be prepared for?

KC

A LOT OF POLITICS!!!!  He just judged our county show and it was unbelieveable how he stacked his champion drive with unsound cattle and unfinished giants to get a friends calf to place reserve champion. He may have made his friend happy, but  lost a lot of credibility in doing so.  He has judged our county fair 2 years in a row and chose the same winner both years I will never show an animal under him again.

Good Luck to You, I hope you know someone!!!

klintdog

Boy, I hope that isn't the case. Now I need to follow this guy for a week to see who his friends are, and then hire them to be on the halter! This just keeps getting more and more complicated :)

Seriously though, anyone know of someone who might be in Denver for the first week that's known enough that Skaggs might pull out a calf?

yippee

He's a excellent judge. He knows how to evaluate cattle and will do a honest non-political job.  If you have the opportunity to listen and watch his judging abilities, you will be impressed. He knows what he's doing.

afhm

If he doesn't know anyone in the show or anyone associated with the animals in the show he will do fine.  If he does look out.  He used to make it look good when he used his buddies but lately he has made himself look stupid in doing so, letting cattle win that shouldn't have even been close.  i don't mind if it is close and you give the benefit of the doubt to your buddy, but don't let them win with a calf that shouldn't been higher than 4th in class.

What is he judging in Denver?

Doc

KC said:
A LOT OF POLITICS!!!!  He just judged our county show and it was unbelieveable how he stacked his champion drive with unsound cattle and unfinished giants to get a friends calf to place reserve champion. He may have made his friend happy, but  lost a lot of credibility in doing so.  He has judged our county fair 2 years in a row and chose the same winner both years I will never show an animal under him again.

Good Luck to You, I hope you know someone!!!

I'm going to have to 2nd you on that.

klintdog

afhm said:
If he doesn't know anyone in the show or anyone associated with the animals in the show he will do fine.  If he does look out.  He used to make it look good when he used his buddies but lately he has made himself look stupid in doing so, letting cattle win that shouldn't have even been close.  i don't mind if it is close and you give the benefit of the doubt to your buddy, but don't let them win with a calf that shouldn't been higher than 4th in class.

What is he judging in Denver?

He'll be judging the Gelbvieh show in Denver.