Chug a lug

Help Support Steer Planet:

BCCC

I was wondering what you guys thought about Chug A lug??
5/8 Maine 1/8 Chi 1/4 Angus

Sired by Gold Club 
Dam: Black Dice X Swarzkoph (full sib to Class Act)

Chug-A-Lug_small.jpg

showsteerdlux

What is his status on PHA/TH? Since he is out of Gold Club I would assume that there is a chance he is PHA carrier if he hasn't been tested. How old is he?

shortyjock89

This is the first that I've heard of him, but he doesn't look bad. One thing, he looks like he might be a little weak in the stifle, based on how they have him clipped.  What sort of cow are you wanting to try him on?

BCCC

I'm not sure on his status, he was Reserve National Champion Bull :'( not sure how old he is :'( not sure what kind of cows i want to use him on :'( what kind of cow would you use him on???

shortyjock89

Not sure what kind of cows I would use him on either. Best way for me to decide that is for me to see a group of pairs sired by this dude. Pick out your favorites of the calves, then find their mommas, and then line up those cows in type and kind with your cows, and see if you have any that are similarly made.  I hope that made sense.  Good Luck

showsteerdlux

he looks to have a goos front end on him. Maybe breed to a cow that needs cleaned up through the front and more muscle expression through the rear quarter. I would be careful not to breed him to a possible carrier cow without knowing his staus. I would also wait to see his first calf crop before breeding to him because there had been more than one reserve grand champion national bull whose calves were not that impressive unless bred to a perfect cow and still not the best when bred to that. Not trying to slam him its just he is the new kid on the block and there isn't alot of info about him yet.

red

AJ- you boozer!

I like Gold Club on Angus type females or Meyer 734 females. I'm not sure of his PHA status but thought he was a carrier. Thousand lashes if I'm wrong!

Red

cowz

I saw quite a few Chug a Lug calves this fall.  Moderated sized, very clean fronted, seemed to be very correct, tons of hair.

showsteerdlux

I saw a couple of calves pictured on Gerdes site out of SD that didn't look half bad. I did notice that they had the lowest starting prices of anything on the bid sheet.