churchill on heifers

Help Support Steer Planet:

fitter22

anyone used churchill on heifers. what were the BW like did they come easy? thanks

Jacob B

Had a little experience with it.  They did come easy, he was a little more femanine made himself.  Size wasn't perticularly small, but I didn't expect it form the heifer we bred him too, they weren't little fawns when they came out.  Just trying to get them out easy was my concern.  Don't know how consistant he has been for anybody else, but he has worked for me.

Jacob B

I think you should be safe on that aviator, and get a marketable calf to boot, she is one impressive female.  The Phoenix will probably handle him fine, the mating may not be as good...don't know till you try it.  Are they both gunna make it to Jr. Nationals?

sue

Hmmm. Churchhill is a sonny  son  ::)( son of Trump)  son and so is Aviator? Phoenix is full bro to Bloodstone ( son of Trump). I frankly would not try it on a heifer 1st calf  mating. 

Davis Shorthorns

sue said:
Hmmm. Churchhill is a sonny  son  ::)( son of Trump)  son and so is Aviator? Phoenix is full bro to Bloodstone ( son of Trump). I frankly would not try it on a heifer 1st calf  mating. 

I agree, using a sonny son on a sonny grand daughter and a Phoenix daughter could spell trouble.  I would just wait till they are ready for their second calf to use him.  I would try a bull like JPJ, Captain Obvious, ArSuLu Osage, etc...  You even said that getting them out is the goal so why risk it?  JMO  Good luck