chute hammock

Help Support Steer Planet:

sjcattleco

There was a post a while back that someone mentioned that they had a hammock that was made to be hung in a grooming chute. sounded very cool and I thought I could Google it and find it online but never did find anything like that... If anyone has info on this thing please post it here.

Thanks

(dog)

firesweepranch

That was me  ;D We had seen them around a few fairs, and ended up getting one this year. Used it at state fair a bunch... those 3:30AM mornings come early on show day  ;) I can give you the e-mail of the person who makes them; she does a FANTASTIC job! I can set ours up and take a pic if you want to see, but basically it is made up of a 500 denier cordura nylon (so very durable) and just slides on the side bars of your Sullivan chute. We put the butt end of the chute lower than the head end so you are sleeping at a slant (feet lower than head). Comes on and off real quick and easy.
Anway, just send me a private message if you want the information. I can say it was one of our best investments this year  <party> Beats sleeping in a chair!!!

sjcattleco

Yea I would like to see it!!! Can't be that expensive and we can never find a good place to crash during the day at the County Fair!

sounds like you better make a deal with this lady and get a small cut for your promotion!! Steer planet might mean 100+ hammocks!!!

showgirl621

Here is a picture of the Chute hammock, made out of cordura nylon (very durable) PM for more information or to order one!

Thanks

Attachments

• chute hammock.jpg
    chute hammock.jpg
    867.6 KB · Views: 1,972

garett

My mom makes a lot of chaps and stuff out of the cordura stuff. I think you can get it in about any color, I know she just usually uses the green like pictured or the camo style.

HGC

Here is a picture of the one my wife made.  I don't know what it is made of, but I'm a big guy and it holds me just fine.  She sewed a couple of pockets into the side, for your keys, phone, etc.

We also put the bars a notch higher at the head gate, so that you are on a slant.  I was supprised to how comfortable it is.

She said she would make one for $40 plus shipping if you weren't picky on the color.  If you want a specific color she would have to price the material.

Attachments

• chute hammock.jpg
    chute hammock.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,241

sue

what about a cup holder and pockets? I see a goldmine - who doesnt want a place to rest in there $800 schute

firesweepranch

Just thought I would also mention that she also makes some really NICE show halter bags and show stick bags! Not sure if she will make and sell those, but VERY sturdy and a great addition to your show stuff. Our show stick bags (we have two - one we got from her directly and one we won for a Missouri Cattlemen's Show award that she made) have never shown wear, even though they are drug all over the place all year for 4 years now! We still have the original halter bags she made, and it helps keep the leather show halters separated and in order.

Sorry Sandy if you are not mass making them, you SHOULD be!!!! Great stuff you have!!!

Show Dad

How about some privacy shades! Or for summer shows mosquito netting. Toothbrush holder would be nice. And most important would be a place to keep my Robbie the Robot (I just can't get to sleep with out him).  ;) ;)
<alien>

linnettejane

firesweepranch said:
Just thought I would also mention that she also makes some really NICE show halter bags and show stick bags! Not sure if she will make and sell those, but VERY sturdy and a great addition to your show stuff. Our show stick bags (we have two - one we got from her directly and one we won for a Missouri Cattlemen's Show award that she made) have never shown wear, even though they are drug all over the place all year for 4 years now! We still have the original halter bags she made, and it helps keep the leather show halters separated and in order.

Sorry Sandy if you are not mass making them, you SHOULD be!!!! Great stuff you have!!!

can you post pics of these things???  ;D