Cidr protocol

Help Support Steer Planet:

BCCC

I am looking at the ABS catoluge and I am going with the Fixed time AI for heifers, I have had the cidrs in for 7 days, and I gave GnRH at the time of implation. So now I need to give lutaluse when I pull them out. but then it says ..54+_ 2hr, what does that mean???

showtime

i always give the shot of lute on the sixth day but you can give it when you pull the cedar.not sure what the 54- 2hr means. I'm not really crazy about AI them all at the same time because your still going to get 24 to 36 hour differents in heats.

<hero>

DL

BCCC said:
I am looking at the ABS catoluge and I am going with the Fixed time AI for heifers, I have had the cidrs in for 7 days, and I gave GnRH at the time of implation. So now I need to give lutaluse when I pull them out. but then it says ..54+_ 2hr, what does that mean???

It means that 54 + or - 2 hours after you pull the CIDR and give the lutalyse you time breed the heifers....so if you pull the CIDR and give the lutalyse at noon on Monday you time breed the heifer on Tuesday at 6 pm (or somewhere between 4 pm and 8 pm) - make sense??

Ruebush Shorthorns

My ABS guy time bred heifers for me this year.  We gave them Lut as we pulled Cidr's. Then give them another 2cc of GnRH right after insemination so that they ovulate while the semen is in them.  This is what we did, and he AI's a ton of cattle in our area each year.

shortyjock89

Ruebush Shorthorns said:
My ABS guy time bred heifers for me this year.  We gave them Lut as we pulled Cidr's. Then give them another 2cc of GnRH right after insemination so that they ovulate while the semen is in them.  This is what we did, and he AI's a ton of cattle in our area each year.

That's what we do, and when we go to breed by time, the cows are usually in a super hot heat.  Works well for us.

fluffer

Yeah, just make sure you give 2cc of GNRH when you AI.  I would watch for heats and try to breed the "non responers" when you breed the majority of the ones that are in heat.  If that makes sence to you  :)

Fluffer

BCCC

okay i pulled them and gave them lute and I should have more GnRH by tomarrow moring

Davis Shorthorns

Ruebush Shorthorns said:

I took a AI class through KSU and this is what they tell you to do.  If you are going to time breed.  I think that the 52+ -2 means you should AI at 52 plus or minus 2 hrs. but dont hold me to that.  Ask your vet.

DR

That is exactly what they mean. plus or minus two hours. We used to use the 60 hours protocol on timed breeding but have adjusted that with the new protocols suggested.

Be careful asking your vet unless they are really good with reproductive issues. Sometimes a vet that does AI is more dangerous than helpful. ;)

BCCC

Davis Shorthorns said:
Ruebush Shorthorns said:

I took a AI class through KSU and this is what they tell you to do.  If you are going to time breed.  I think that the 52+ -2 means you should AI at 52 plus or minus 2 hrs. but dont hold me to that.  Ask your vet.
Okay so 50-54 hours after pulling the cidrs they wont actually be in heat you should just AI them and when you AI them when you give the the shot of GnRH and that will make them ovulate, Is that right???

DL

BCCC said:
Davis Shorthorns said:
Ruebush Shorthorns said:

Okay so 50-54 hours after pulling the cidrs they wont actually be in heat you should just AI them and when you AI them when you give the the shot of GnRH and that will make them ovulate, Is that right???

YES BUT I use this protocol a lot and I also heat detect - so breed at 50 to 54 hours and give shot of GNRH BUT if she shows signs of active standing heat at 80 hours (I just made up that number) or any other time re breed her - not all bovines read the book, by also heat detecting you can improve your conception rate. You do not have to give a 2nd shot of GNRH if you re breed her - good luck ;D

DR you are absolutely right  ;)

Davis Shorthorns

This year we put cidrs in and after we pulled them and gave lute., we noticed one cow was just starting to stand at the time that we should breed everything, so we waited till the next morning to breed her.