CIDRs and vaccination

Help Support Steer Planet:

marsh

Is there a problem to vaccinate and worm when I implant the CIDRs?  If so, please let me know how big of window I need between cidrs and vaccination.  Thank you!!

cowman

marsh said:
Is there a problem to vaccinate and worm when I implant the CIDRs?  If so, please let me know how big of window I need between cidrs and vaccination.  Thank you!!

You need 30 days between vaccinations and breeding. You're gonna have to delay your vaccinations or delay breeding.

HGC

I did that once about 10 years ago.  Worst 1st service conception rate I ever had.  Never again.  We vaccinate atleast 3 weeks before breeding, 30 days would probably be even better.

Scott

linnettejane

last year i was running behind, always try to leave 30 days between...did 2 weeks between shots and breeding, worst results ever!  only 1 ai calf...

ai er

marsh said:

Worst 2 years of AI'ing I ever had.  I only vaccinate in the fall now.

CJM

You need to use a killed vaccine and you will be fine.  The modified live is were you get into trouble breeding to soon.

hntwhitetail

So when is the best time to vaccinate if you are breeding in the spring letting the bull run the last week in April?

thanks

linnettejane

running bull last week in april:  from what people have posted, looks like killed vaccine first of march ?

JAGUR01

We use a killed vaccine and vaccinate 7 days after calving, and a lepto booster 14 days after vaccination.