cidrs

Help Support Steer Planet:

Brent

Can someone please tell me what drugs you use when putting in cidrs, and that whole process...like 5cc of...when putting it in...then wait 7 days and pull the cidr and give??ccs of ...THANKS

fluffer

Ok, don't hold me to this but I think this is how we are doing ours-

cidrs in and 2cc of GnRH 8 days before AI, then 5 days later pull Cidrs and give 5 cc Lute in the AM and then 6 to 8 hrs later give 5cc of lute again, then breed 3 days later the same time you put cirds in and gave the first shot of Lute.  Hubby is incharge of figuring out what protocol we are going to use  ;)

Fluffer

DL

Brent said:
Can someone please tell me what drugs you use when putting in cidrs, and that whole process...like 5cc of...when putting it in...then wait 7 days and pull the cidr and give??ccs of ...THANKS

There are multiple protocols and I can send you a PDF of them - they are slightly different for cows and heifers. The Fixed time AI (aka CO-Synch + CIDR) which I like and use goes like this

day 0 - 2cc GNRH (aka Cystorelin) in the muscle & insert CIDR

day 7 - pull CIDR & give 5 cc of Lutalyse in the muscle

60 =+/- 6 hours later time breed AI and repeat GNRH (I also heat detect)

PM me your email and I will send you the protocols if you want them
If you pull the CIDRs after only 5 days you will decrease the percent of cows coming into heat (ie there will be some with prostaglandin nonresponsive CLs)

red

DL- is there a chance you could post the protocol for all to see?

Thanks,
Red

KYsteer

All major semen catalogs will have this protocol in the back of the books.  I believe that one is the select-synch program for cows.  I use that one for cows and heifers and have had good luck with it.  I also on certain cows will save the CIDR and put it back in day 14 after AI and pull on day 21 then heat detect for the next 24 hours.  A good 2 AI system that works well for me.