Claire Danes to play Temple Grandin

Help Support Steer Planet:

Telos

Found this on another site I frequently visit called WrongPlanet. HBO is making a biopic of Temple Grandin. Should be interesting.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/article374.html

maine106

Thanks for this information.  Interesting is very true.

I have been a Temple Grandin "fan" for many years.  I have complete admiration for her accomplishments but add in the autisim and she is a very special person indeed.

justintime

I knew it was in the works but did not know it was showing yet. I will have to make sure I find it. Temple is an amazing person. I met her many years ago, and she has done quite a bit of work here in Western Canada, designing facilities and also as a speaker. I had to introduce her at a livestock conference she was speaking at.  When you see what she has had to endure to get where she is, it is a very amazing story.

Telos

Claire Danes did an awesome job and was convincing playing Temple Grandin. Hope she wins an award. Well done HBO for an inspiring presentation and telling the story.

ROMAX

I wan't to watch it all but had too flip back an forth betweeen it and the Bud shootout,very good from what i saw.And bye the way KEVIN HARVICK RULES!

Show Heifer

If any of you have a tape of the movie HBO ran on Temple, I would be willing to pay for it. I want to show it in my ag classes. I do not get HBO, nor does the school.
When I heard about it last week, I was concerned they wouldn't do Grandin justice.... it sounds like they did an amazing job!

Telos

Show Heifer said:
If any of you have a tape of the movie HBO ran on Temple, I would be willing to pay for it. I want to show it in my ag classes. I do not get HBO, nor does the school.
When I heard about it last week, I was concerned they wouldn't do Grandin justice.... it sounds like they did an amazing job!

They will air it again. Find someone with a VCR that has HBO.

DL

Show Heifer said:

SH - I ordered HBO just to watch this movie -  Having met with Temple several times and had dinner with her Claire Danes got Temple to a T - her voice, her cadence, her walk, the way she holds her head - fabulous movie ---- interesting that the although many people helped her along the way, many did not and the feedlot cowboys came off as a not very nice slice of humanity - her ability to persist against all odds for the good of the cattle was pretty amazing

Telos

Glad you enjoyed the movie. It was DL that introduced me and others to Dr. Temple Grandin when we were on Show Steers. For that I'm grateful. I have watched most of her videos on You Tube. She has done amazing things not only for the beef industry but for autism as well. The BBC did a powerful documentory featuring Temple Grandin, "A Women  Who thinks Like a Cow", and have always questioned why someone in her own country did not do something sooner.