Climax Heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

Simmgal

I finally see a Climax heifer after all these years! Haha. She looks really good! How is her temperament?

kfacres

very nice.. often wondered why he isn't used more.. me, a linebreeding fan.. sees great benefit of using him.. I mean honestly, he's got more meyer in him, than say meyer himself...

Simmgal

Cut the BS said:
very nice.. often wondered why he isn't used more.. me, a linebreeding fan.. sees great benefit of using him.. I mean honestly, he's got more meyer in him, than say meyer himself...
That could explain the white face, hind socks and belly...

Ausley Family Farms

Her temperament is good. Haven't put a halter on her yet but she will come up to you in the pasture and take range cubes out of your hand. Her dam is super gentle though. Got 2 racks of Climax in the other day. Going to breed several Angus cows to him this year. Really excited to see what my OCC Anchor cows will produce. Hoping for a bunch of bald face heifers like this one.

wyatt

thats ur next donor cow right there i love her! (thumbsup) never seen a climax calf before

Ausley Family Farms

We are hoping for a lot more like her. I have one Climax bull, i am not as impressed with him. I do have 3 more young climax hefiers and one yearling heifer. I will try and get some pics of her soon. She doesnt have the thickness that this little girl does, but she is going to make a great cow.

ALTSIMMY 79

Check out the Royal Edge Catalog on Dwyer Cattle Services web site , Willie had a whole bunch of good Climax heifers on that sale (as breds).

Ausley Family Farms

Most likely going to keep her unless I get an offer I cant refuse. We are planning on using a lot of Climax to get some SimmiAngus heifers to retain. Been using the Chi Maine Angus cross for years and just wanted to throw in something different. Loving the look of these calves. Just hope I can find a place for the bulls to go. Down here in SW Arkansas people like their Brangus bulls. Plus they like to pay $1500 for an 18 month old bull ready to go. Hard to feed them like they need and make money at that price.

Ausley Family Farms

It was beautiful today so I got out and tried out the new Iphone camera. This is a pic of an older Climax heifer. She was shown by my 9 year old cousin at our county fair since then she has not been babied at all. Been out in the pasture with some of our commercial replacement girls. She has held up pretty well I think. Still debating on what to breed her to for this first calf. Have some OCC Homer left in the tank probably gonna use it, but have been considering ordering some I80.

Attachments

• Dottie.JPG
    Dottie.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 222

kfacres

OCC homer granddaughter-- (if you were wondering)

ps.  how many of the Climax calves did you have?  What was the ratio of keepers to sellers?  I'm sure you've read it before, but he's been a bull who's always interested me: I mean he does have more Meyer in him- than Meyer himself.

Attachments

• 898 best.JPG
    898 best.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 189

Ausley Family Farms

We love our Homer calves. Have 6 calves on the ground out of him this season so far. We have had 4 Climax calves, 3 heifers and a bull. The bull is a cull, dont care for his looks. But the heifers are all keepers. Have one little solid black heifer plus the 2 above.