Clinics in your area!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

TottenClubCalves

I have recently had alot of people interested in doing clinics in there area. In the past I have only done 4-5 clinics a year but have decidied that I am going to try and double that to 8-10 this year. The question is where would you like me to do them? I want to help as many people as I can and give people the opportunity to do well and learn how to properly take care and show their cattle to the best of there abilities. Below I have posted what my clinics entail. If anyone is interested please let me know and hopefully in the next few weeks I am going to have some set dates for your area. I often do clinics at the state fairgrounds or local county fairgrounds and all exhibitors are encouraged to bring their animals.

I have had many National, State and Local Winners in all different breeds of Cattle. Below I have also posted pictures of my fitting and clipping abilities as well as a few winners.

This Clinic will provide information on 6 keys to being successful in the show ring. These skills will go in depth and are designed for the beginner as well as the advanced. All participants are encouraged to bring there own calves if possible, one on one attention will be given after the demonstrations and help with each calves individual needs. The six keys are listed below.

-Calf Selection
We will discuss the overall importance of selecting a calve and the characteristics we look for.
-Feed and Nutrition
Talk about the importance of a good feed program, go over feedstuffs and protein levels and starting and finishing feeds
-Daily Hair Care
Go over daily hair care routines, supplies that will be needed and give a demonstration
-Showmanship
Discuss show ring procedure, go over the tools needed. Demonstrate different setup positions etc.
-Clipping
Go over the basics of clipping, supplies you will need. A complete demonstration of one side of the animal
-Fitting and Grooming
Go over all the supplies needed and demonstrate how to fit a rear and back leg.

Clinic Cost: $100.00 (at least 15 participants)
(50.00 deposit must be must be mailed 2 weeks prior to clinic)

Notable Winners in 2010

- 2010 Hardee County Grand Champion Overall and Crossbred Heifer

-2010 Okeechobee Round Up Reserve Grand Champion Heifer and Crossbred Heifer

-2010 NWSS Reserve Grand Division (Lowline)

-2010 NWSS National Grand Cow/Calf Pair

-2010 Kentucky Beef Expo Champion Maine Steer

-2010 Kentucky Beef Expo Reserve Chi Steer

-2010 Florida State Fair Grand Champion Angus Heifer

-2010 Florida State Fair Grand Champion Bull

-2010 Reserve Grand Champion Steer Fanning Springs

-Many More Class and Division Winners

leg2.jpg

leg-1.jpg

before-1.jpg

after.jpg

323265.jpg

323200.jpg

OH Breeder

Purple Reign said:
I offer an old school clinic as well ;) glycerin bars for the legs and scissors for the clipping  (lol)

You'd need some Motrin and some heating pads as well. 

TottenClubCalves

(clapping) amen to that. I'm in my twentys and need a bottle of motrin after a day of fitting I don't even want to think of what its going to be like down the road!!!! Why is it that cattle are so addictive???

kvhranch

If you do one in the Denver/Eastern Colorado area I would love to take my son.  Do you have a mailing list I can get on once you decide where you are going to do the clinics?

jchumley

He is at 1280 and holding for Houston. A ton of hair that will get slicked off soon. Overall he has been a good project for my son and he gets better every day. Keep up the good work Robert!!!

TottenClubCalves

Thanks for the compliments James, I'm def gonna try and make it to Houston this year and might be at Ft Worth so I'm gonna have to stop by and say hello for sure. let me know what type of calves your looking for I'm going up to the farm in the next couple weeks to sort through and pick out a set of our Fall borns.

jchumley

I like to use fall borns for all of our major shows and county fair. I like them to be as fresh as possible when we get to the terminal shows. I have always been partial to a good char x but I will feed the best that I can find and afford regardless of breed. I did not plan to hijack your thread so to get back on track for your clinics I want to say that if you need a clinic put on, Robert does a great job and is certainly the kind of role model that I want around my kids.

TottenClubCalves

haha man I wish, used a set of my buddies awhile back and loved them but those are lightspeeds. I actually really like the light in certain situations and others I don't but I only run high speed so I have the luxury of turning the light off.

coachmac

I found my brother a pair of laubes.  he struggles with them a bit, but I think they need worked over a little bit.  he needs a rebuild kit I think.  When they ran..... they ran well!!!! 

TottenClubCalves

Yeah I'm about to invest in a set of the 821's there basically like a set of lightspeed's times 10  <rock> . I would def get that rebuild kit though for sure.

showrookie

Got got any september-october steer calves that will work for Polk County, Fl.??

leg2.jpg

leg-1.jpg

before-1.jpg

after.jpg

323265.jpg

323200.jpg

[/quote]

Latest posts