Clipper Blades

Help Support Steer Planet:

BIGTEX

I have an Andis 2 speed and was wondering what blades I need to get. I have 1 size 10 and 1 Super Blocking blade. They have a lot of choices and hope I don't need all of them.

Thank you in advance,

BIGTEX :)))

chambero

I use a "medium blending" blade a lot - primarily on the neck and the back of the butt.  A lot of people do all of their clipping with the Super Blocking and the medium blades.

I also use their 1/4" blades for detail work when slick shearing to go along with the Texas blades for big clippers.

BCCC

You deffentaly need the blending blades, and the super blocking or Opti block. I also like the #10 wide for clipping heads and tail heads, and in the winter and spring the 5/8's are real nice for clipping necks

Show Dad

Besides what chambero recommends (which is spot on), we use the T-84 blade on heads to get to places big clippers can't get to. Also, HT 5/8" blade (hero blade) for front shoulder steer work. Let the blades do the work so you don't have too.
<alien>

Bawndoh

SD said:
Besides what chambero recommends (which is spot on), we use the T-84 blade on heads to get to places big clippers can't get to. Also, HT 5/8" blade (hero blade) for front shoulder steer work. Let the blades do the work so you don't have too.
<alien>

I completely agree about the 5/8".  Kirk Steirwelt reccomends them all the time.  The key factor is what SD said.  Let the blades do the work for you. ;D

inthebarnagain

This is advice from a longterm dog groomer, the #10 is great for the close clipping in the summer and the 8.5 cannot be beat in the winter.  Doesn't seem to scalp them as bad and you can rake a lot easier to blend with it.  I have one of about every blade and use them all at one point or another. 

Cattledog

I love the Medium blades for the neck.  They are a great blade for beginners too.  If you are going to be using heavy adhesives you may want the X-block.  It cuts better than the super blocking blade.

showgirl2010

THe only ones we use are the T-84 medium blending and the blocking.  But be carefule with the blocking it will skin'em like a rat.

Jamie

ba

We get the x-block and ten wide .  as I now have to wear glasses i like for
the blades to be right out on the  edge so I can see whats coming off but I do
not recommend them or opti-blocks for the beginner because if hair is in front it is
gone in a heart beat. I do not remember name the name but think it is called
acu blade or something like that but was not impressed with them.