clippers

Help Support Steer Planet:

showsteerdlux

You will need two different types of clippers for goats and steers. For goats if I'm not mistaken you would want sheephead clippers(large) and for cattle you would want something along the lines of the Andis 2 speed(small). My personal prefernce are the Andis light speed clippers with the built in light, and the regular 2 speed. Can't seem to beat thyem imvho.

BCCC

No for goats you use a large beef head. but for cattle you need a andis 2 speed with a few different blades. I have a couple sets of Large beef heads I could let go, I also have an older style(the red ones) Andis 2 speeds that I havent used a whole lot that I could let go also

kanshow

Would a Lister star w/ hair head work on goats?    The kids sure like them on their sheep. 

You can't beat an Andis 2 speed on cattle. 

BCCC

yes the listers would do that just fine, and if you want a set of sheep clippers just order the SS blades and they work just like sheep clippers

BCCC

Come to think of it I also have a set of sheep shears that just sit in the clipper box that I dont use either

earl

You need the lister stablemate or the stars for the goats.  If you use fine blades about two to three days before show or surgical blades about five days out.  We also use them to do tails and heads on cattle.  You also need the andis for the body on the cattle