Clippers

Help Support Steer Planet:

paj315

Looking to buy a new set of small clippers and want opinions on what everyone's favorites are . The ones I have now are an old set of Oster 2 speed A5's  . Looking to upgrade soon and trying determine what the best bang for my buck is and if there's a newer for 5 speed clippers or just a new set of 2 speeds will do the trick. Thanks

Mainevent

I'd say If you clip a whole bunch and use them more than every once and a while 5-speeds are the way to go. I bought three sets and each have paid for themselves. If you're only going to use them once and a while is stay with the 2speed andis no reason to spend that much on them if they won't be used all that often. Just my opinion

paj315

Thanks guys . I these when I was showing back in the 90's now my kids are showing and I'm learning to clip all over again. Getting pretty decent at it . We are showing 3 this year and had 2 last year . Just ready for an upgrade in equipment .

DLD

I guess I got one of the very first sets of 5 speed Andes.  Couldn't keep them running, after about the third time they needed repair (don't think I ever got more than a couple of days of clipping out of them at a time) I traded them for a set of 2 speeds and haven't tried the 5 speeds since.  Just my experience - there are lemons in everything, I know.

shortyjock89

I love the 5 speeds, but I wouldn't touch glue with them. They're not made nearly as robustly as the 2 speeds IMO. I keep two sets of 5 speeds just for hair and I have about a gazillion 2 speeds lying around for clipping babies with dirty hair and clipping through paint and adhesives.  Really hard to wear out a set of the old ACG's too.