clipping chute

Help Support Steer Planet:

gocanes719

What do you guys use for clipping chutes to clip calves?  I have an old home made one that could use some repair.  I would like to get one that works well for cows and calves.  I saw a riverrode? chute a few years back in Ohio that was amazing but I have never seen anything on them on the internet. 

common sense

Do you want this to be mobile? If not I think that you can seriously cheapen up your investment if you can find somebody that welds.  Spend your money on a good headgate of preference i.e. self-catching or squeeze.  Then have somebody make the "body" of the chute for you to fit your needs.  I personally would like to have both side gates swing wide open but be low enough to the ground at the bottom so that you can't get a leg or foot under the gate.  It also has to be EXTRA tall.  I hate having to duck all the time so that I don't hit my head on the top.  Swing bars running verticly on the sides are important and should adjust to different sized critters.  Have a good strong non-skid floor that you can easily rinse out and a place to either put in a but bar or gate behind them.  Also, make it extra long so that you aren't fighting with the rear support being in y our way. It really doesn't take much if you know a welder and you can save a bundle!  Hope this helps.

common sense

Well, i wish I could draw like you but I will have to take a few pictures.  Give me a day or so.

gocanes719

Get me a picture of one you use.  I can weld and have access to a great welder as well.  The Riverrode chute was amazing, I wish I had some pictures and sizes on one of those.

afhm

check these out:
www.cowcoinc.com
riverode (815) 842-2933 (common mistake there are only 2 r's not 3 in the spelling, took me a while to realize it)
There are numerous others that make a good clipping chute, like Palco.

common sense

gocanes719 said:
Get me a picture of one you use.  I can weld and have access to a great welder as well.  The Riverrode chute was amazing, I wish I had some pictures and sizes on one of those.

Hey, I am so sorry that this took me so long.  This is a chute that my friend built but I am going to make one like it.  I hope the pictures work!  Hopefull Red or somebody will resize the pics if they don't work right! (clapping)

Attachments

• Chute #2.jpg
    Chute #2.jpg
    455.4 KB · Views: 442
  • Chute #3.jpg
    Chute #3.jpg
    443.6 KB · Views: 567
  • Chute #3.jpg
    Chute #3.jpg
    443.6 KB · Views: 443